Get your Alabama Tax Form 40A - Individual Income Tax Return (2018) in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is the Alabama Tax Form 40A?
This form is used to report personal income earned within Alabama during the tax year. Residents use the 40A Alabama Tax Form to either pay the income tax they owe or to claim a refund for overpaid tax.
Contents of the Alabama state tax forms 40A
Alabama tax form 40A includes sections for reporting your wages, salaries, tips, and any interest or dividend income you've earned. Additionally, there are sections to outline your exemptions and either your standard or itemized deductions. This comprehensive form is designed to capture a detailed image of your financial year.
How to Fill Out Alabama 40A Form Correctly
Successfully filling out your Alabama income tax form 40A needs detailed preparation. Here’s a step-by-step process:
- Once the form has been opened, start by entering your Social Security Number (SSN) in the respective required field. Ensure this number is correct, as it is critical for successfully processing your tax return.
- Next, enter your full name and mailing address in the fields provided. Do remember to input your address accurately to receive any tax-related correspondence.
- In the section titled 'Filing Status,' select your relevant filing status from the provided options - Single, Married Filing Jointly, Married Filing Separately, etc. Choose the option applicable to your situation.
- Fill out the 'Exemptions' section by entering your personal, spousal, or dependents' exemptions, if any, in the respective boxes.
- In the 'Income' section, input your taxable income details. Use your W-2s, 1099s, or other tax documents to accurately fill in this section.
- Subtract the necessary deductions to determine your adjusted gross income (AGI).
- Head to the 'Tax, Credits, and Payments' section. Calculate your total tax and apply any relevant credits, such as Child Tax Credit or Education Credit.
- The form requires you to compare your payments and taxes due. If the amount you've already paid through withholding or estimated payments is more than the total tax due, you will have overpaid.
- If you have overpaid, you can decide to have it refunded or applied to your future tax dues.
- At the end of the form, sign, and date to certify that the information provided is accurate to the best of your knowledge. Include your occupation in the relevant field.
Remember to cross-check all the details, verify the calculations, and ensure your total income, taxes paid, tax due, and any credits or refunds are reported accurately.
Who needs to use 40A Alabama tax form?
Alabama income tax form 40A is intended for use by individuals who meet several eligibility requirements. First and foremost, this form is designed for full-year residents of Alabama. Also, this document is streamlined for individuals whose income is derived primarily from wages, salaries, and tips, as well as those with interest and dividends, provided the total amount from these last two income sources is less than $1500.
Importantly, persons using the 40A form cannot claim any credits other than the standard personal exemptions. If your financial situation fits these conditions, then you should utilize the form 40A when filing your Alabama state taxes.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Alabama Tax Form 40A - Individual Income Tax Return (2018)