We respect your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our Website or use our Services (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Accepting this Data Processing Policy, you confirm that you have the complete capacity and legal capacity.
We have appointed an appropriate person to answer questions regarding the personal data of users. If you have additional questions regarding the collection and processing of personal data, please contact us for more information.
2.2 Contact details
Legal address: Unit 2000, 2nd Floor, 6 Market Place, Fitzrovia, London, United Kingdom, W1W 8AF
Full name of legal entity: Netpeak LTD
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This version was updated on April 27, 2023
4. Google API Services Limited Use Policy
PDFLiner's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
5. Types of Data We Collect
While using our Service, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with a certain type of personal information (“Personal Data”), so that you could conveniently use our Service.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
When you use the PDFLiner, you provide us:
- Account registration. You provide us with your name, last name password, email, phone number, image profile, and address when registering an account.
- Account information. That is the user's plan, account ID, registration date, first and last payment date, date cancellation subscription, payments quantity, quantity of payments made by the user, total number of logins.
- Data from third-party services. You register through the account of other сervices such as Facebook or Google you provide us with a user ID, email address, and profile picture from these services.
- Commercial information. Such as the name of the file sent or stored by you when using our Service.
- Your documents. The user can download and edit documents that may contain confidential information.
- Email address of third parties. To invite new users, authorized users can enter the email address of their friends, family members, etc. By providing us with such information, you confirm that you have received consent from third parties to use their email address.
- Bank card data. User name on credit card. Also, when you pay for a subscription you enter your payment card details. From this data, we store only the last 4 digits of the card number and the name of the company producing the card (Visa, Master).
- Location data. Includes internet protocol (IP) address, language, and location, country, state, city, zip code, timezone;
- Employee and employer information. Name of your organization, position.
- User activity. User actions performed in the document editor.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
We may use such cookies as:
- Analytics cookies or performance cookies are used to track website visitors and their user behavior. This data is then used to improve the way the website works and in turn, used to improve user experience.
- Session cookies - used to collect information about how users interact with them. This can include information about which pages are visited and whether users have seen error messages. Session state cookies help us to improve our products and make your Internet experience more convenient.
7. Lawful Bases for Processing
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Consent. You have given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract. The processing is necessary for a contract you have with us.
- Legitimate interests. The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party.
We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
If you share with us the personal data of a third party, you confirm that such a third party gave you consent on the collection and processing of his/her data by us. We in turn will take the same measures and procedures to ensure the safety of such information as we do in relation to your data.
8. Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We may use your information, including your Personal Data, for the following purposes:
- to analyze, operate, maintain and improve the Website, to add new features and services to the Website;
- to customize content, insights and patterns you see when you use the Website;
- to perform a contract we have entered into with you, or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract. This applies particularly where we use your Personal Data to administer your use of the Service;
- to provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and reminders;
- to customize product and service offerings and recommendations to you, including third-party products and offerings;
- to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- for billing (invoicing), account management and other administrative purposes, if applies;
- to respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- to link or combine with information we get from others or (and) from you to help understand your needs and provide you with better service (to use in training of neural networks, artificial intelligence, as well as for any other automated decision-making processing);
- for scientific and academic research purposes;
- for the purposes of identifying the user upon re-registration and to prevent the user from obtaining a free trial period of our software again or detection of other fraudulent actions of users.
9. Third-Party Services and Disclosures of Your Data
We will not use the information gained through your use of the Services and other frameworks for advertising or similar services, or sell it to advertising platforms, data brokers, or information resellers.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it under the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes.
For any new purpose of processing we will ask your separate explicit consent. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
We disclose potentially personally-identifying information (i.e. Personal Data) among our employees, contractors and affiliated or other third party organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Company's behalf or to provide services available at Company's website and mobile platforms, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated or other third party organizations may be located either within or outside of the USA or the European Economic Area (EEA); by using the Websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We share some of your data listed in the section "Types of data We collect" for the purposes set out in the section "Purposes for which we will use your personal data":
- External Third Parties: Intercom (Intercom, Inc or Intercom R&D Unlimited Company), Stripe (Stripe, Inc), ChartMogul (ChartMogul GmbH & Co. KG), Paddle (Paddle.com Inc), SendPulse (SendPulse Inc), Looker (Google LLC), Google Analytics (Google LLC), OpenAI API (OpenAI LLC).
These parties help us with the storage of Personal Data, analyze your data, and show relevant information about the PDFLiner to us when you use the app to understand how you use the app, engage with particular features, and what you like or dislike the most to generate statistical reports.
We also use the advanced artificial intelligence technology OpenAI API by OpenAI LLC to improve the efficiency, quality, and processing of user requests. By using the AI assistant in PDFLiner by submitting a request, you consent to the processing of information in your requests using artificial intelligence technology. To withdraw your consent, you just need to stop using the AI assistant in PDFLiner.
When you interact with the AI assistant in PDFLiner, the AI assistant quickly analyzes and understands your queries, which allows us to provide more accurate and personalized answers.
These artificial intelligence algorithms can recognize patterns in your queries, evaluate your requests based on past interactions, and optimize the user experience by offering personalized recommendations or solving problems more efficiently.
We prioritize privacy and data security throughout this process, ensuring that your personal information is handled in accordance with our strict data protection policies.
The Content that you provide to or receive from OpenAI API is not used to develop or improve OpenAI Services.
We disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules outlined in this privacy statement;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
We do not use user data for sale (or any other commercial activity) to other companies. User data is used solely to ensure the functionality of the software.
10. Opt-out Options.
You can withdraw your consent or opt-out, whatever applies in your case, from sharing your Personal Data under this subsection anytime by contacting us at email@example.com and stop using our software.
11. Banking Information
We do not collect or process your bank information when buying a subscription. From this data, we store only the last 4 digits of the card number and the name of the company producing the card (Visa, Masterd).
Please note that we never collect and we are not responsible for the collection or security of banking, financial, and payment information.
12. Data Retention
You should be aware that we may retain certain Personal Data and other information after your account has been terminated in an aggregated, anonymized form. Any posts or comments you submit may remain visible if and after you delete your account. We are not obligated to remove your posts or comments. We reserve the right to use your information in any aggregated data collection after you have terminated your account, however we will ensure that the use of such information will not identify you personally.
If you remove data from your account, you will no longer see it in the Website, but some backups of the data may remain in our archive servers for a reasonable period of time due to technical solutions we use. However, we undertake to delete any such backups within a reasonable period of time.
Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
If you are a user of Files shared with you by another Registered User of the Service, you acknowledge that the Company does not have unencrypted access to the Files or your Personal Data therein and has no means to identify or delete specific information contained in these Files. You should contact the Registered User directly with requests to delete your Personal Data.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, or for purposes of aggregating it with other information in connection with improving our Services, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. We may retain your email address on opt-out lists and audit trails required to prove compliance with laws and regulations.
If you choose to deactivate your account, we will retain some of your personal data for 120 days. This is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and support business operations.
The list of user data that we will keep for 120 days includes: email, account ID, user name on credit card, user's plan, registration date, first and last payment date, date cancellation subscription, payments quantity, quantity of payments made by the user, total number of logins, documents quantity, uploaded forms quantity, a list of form names that the user has used, a list of names of documents that the user has uploaded. This is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes with users.
13. Your Legal Rights
Under the legislation of the European Union (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to:
- Receive information, namely, what personal data we process and why (disclosed by this policy).
- Right to Erasure. You have the right to delete data under certain circumstances.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to ask us to correct your inaccurate data, as well as the right to make additions to it.
- Right to access. You can request a copy of your data.
- Right to restriction of the processing. In certain cases, you have the right to request the termination of data processing by allowing the continued storage of data.
- Right to data portability. You can request a copy of your data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another person who processes the personal data.
- Right to object. Under certain circumstances, including when data is processed for legitimate interests or marketing purposes, you may object to such processing.
- Rights related to automated decision-making, including profiling. In this area, there are several rights related to the fact that processing carried out exclusively on an automated basis can lead to a decision that has legal and other significant consequences for a person. In such circumstances, you have the right to human interference in the decision-making process.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
13.1 What we may need from you.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information about your request to speed up our response.
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
14.1 Lawful basis.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience.
We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests.
We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Complying with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
15. California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about how we process personal data of California consumers and the rights available to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and California’s Shine the Light law. Therefore, this section applies only to residents of California, United States.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt-out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request under their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com. We will verify your request and inform you accordingly. You may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf.
16. Email Communications
We may contact you from time to time via email to communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you. You can always opt out of receiving emails by unsubscribing via the "Unsubscribe" link contained in the email.
Opting-out of these emails will not end transmission of important service-related emails that are necessary to your use of the Website. If applicable laws prescribe so, certain exclusions may apply to the residents of some countries regarding an active opt-in for any email communications from us. We may ask such users to provide their consent for any such communications at the registration screen.
In order to provide communication services, we may engage third-party service providers to carry out such newsletter services, surveys or notifications campaigns. You can find the privacy policies of these services on their websites.