Tax Calendar 2023: Important IRS Tax Deadlines
Attach Documents From the Internet
Type the URL of the doc you want to add to PDFLiner. After that, feel free to edit, sign, and share it. We currently support PDF, JPG, and PNG formats.
Find Fillable Documents Below
Find the required form in our extensive library by typing its name or description in the search form below. After that, edit and customize it the way you see fit.
Tax Calendar for 2023
If you were wondering, "What are the taxes due dates this year?" you found the right article. Missing a deadline might be a diligent taxpayer’s worst nightmare, but it’s a scenario that’s far from unrealistic, given how confusing the tax calendar might get. Luckily, you can read this guiding article to learn the IRS deadline 2023 rules for the taxes that apply to you and avoid confusion.
This section contains a list of the US tax filing deadline dates, with personal and corporate tax categories to be reported by each respective date.
January Tax Deadlines
January 10, 2023
- Report tips generated in December 2022 to your employer (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in December of the previous year.
January 17, 2023
- Pay the last installment of estimated tax for 2022 (Form 1040-ES) — applies to all individuals, except those who file Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR as their 2022 return and are to pay by January 31, 2023
January 31, 2023
- For individuals, who must make estimated tax payments, but didn’t pay their last part of 2022 estimated tax can be filed a tax return. (Form 1040 / Form 1040-SR).
- Send annual information statements to their recipients (Forms 1099) — for businesses.
- File non-employee compensation paid in 2022 (Form 1099-NEC) — for businesses.
- Mail W-2 forms out to employees — for employers.
- File Form W-3 with all the Copies A of Form W-2 that were issued for 2022 — for employers.
- File your Form 941 for the 4th quarter of 2022 — for employers.
February Tax Deadline
February 10, 2023
- Report tips generated in January 2023 to your employer (IRS 4070 Form) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in January 2023.
February 15, 2023
- Individuals who claimed exemption from income tax withholding in 2022 should file Form W-4.
February 28, 2023
- File information returns (for example, certain Forms 1099, 1098 or 1097) for certain payments you made during 2022.
- 1099-MISC deadline to file to the IRS — for businesses.
- Use Form 1096 to summarize the forms for each type of payment — for businesses.
March Tax Deadlines
March 1, 2023
- Farmers and fishermen should file their 2022 income tax return (Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR) and pay all tax due.
March 10, 2023
Report tips generated in February 2023 (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in February 2023.
March 15, 2023
- File 2022 calendar year return (Form 1065 for partnerships and Form 1120-S for S corporations).
- Or file Form 7004 for a six months’ tax date extension.
- S corporation applications (Form 2553) for 2023.
- Send each partner a copy of Schedule K-1 (Form 1065).
March 31, 2023
- E-filing deadline for forms: 1099 (except Form 1099-NEC), 1097, 1098, 3921, 3922, and W-2G) — for businesses. This date applies to these forms only if you file them electronically.
April Tax Deadlines
April 10, 2023
- Report tips generated in March 2023 (Tip Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in March 2023.
April 18, 2023
- File your tax return (2022 Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR for 2022) — for individuals, or file Form 4868 for a 6-month extension.
- Use Schedule C of Form 1040 2022 to report your business income or loss, and in case you work as a sole proprietor.
- Household employment taxes (Schedule H of Form 1040) — for household employers paying at least 2,200 USD to a household employee.
- The 2022 calendar year income tax return (Form 1120) — for corporations.
- Use Form 1040-ES to pay your first installment of 2023 estimated tax.
May Tax Deadlines
May 1, 2023
- File Form 941 for the 1st quarter of 2023 — for employers.
May 10, 2023
- Report tips generated in April 2023 (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in April 2023.
June Tax Deadlines
June 12, 2023
- Report tips generated in May 2023 (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in May 2023.
June 15, 2023
- Tax return deadline (Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR) for U.S. citizens and residents who live and work outside the United States. A tax deadline extension can be granted to those in combat areas.
- File Form 4868 for a 4-month extension otherwise.
- Use Form 1040-ES to pay the second installment of 2023 estimated tax.
July Tax Deadlines
July 10, 2023
- Report your income from tips generated in June 2023 (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in June 2023.
July 31, 2023
- File Form 941 for the 2nd quarter of 2023 — for employers.
- File Form 5500 or 5500-EZ for calendar year 2022 — for employers who preserve an employee benefit plan, such as a pension, stock bonus plan, or profit-sharing.
August Tax Deadlines
August 10, 2023
- Report tips generated in July 2023 (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in July 2023.
September Tax Deadlines
September 11, 2023
- Report tips generated in August 2023 (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in August 2023.
September 15, 2023
- Third payment of your estimated tax for 2023 (Form 1040-ES), unless withholding is used for payment.
- File 2022 calendar year return (Form 1065 for partnerships or Form 1120-S for S corporations) if you requested 6-month extension.
- Estimated income tax for 2023 (Form 1120-W) — for corporations.
October Tax Deadlines
October 10, 2023
- Report tips generated in September 2023 (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in September 2023.
October 16, 2023
- File income tax return (Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR) — applies to individuals with an automatic 6-month extension.
- Corporate income tax return for 2022 (Form 1120) — applies to corporations with an automatic 6-month extension.
October 31, 2023
- File Form 941 for the 3rd quarter of 2023 — for employers.
November Tax Deadlines
November 13, 2023
- Report tips generated in October 2023 (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in October 2023.
December Tax Deadlines
December 11, 2023
- Report tips generated in November 2023 (Form 4070) — applicable to individuals who received 20+ USD as tips in November 2023.
December 15, 2023
- Pay estimated income tax for 2023 (Form 1120-W) — for corporations.
- Encourage your employees to fill out a new Form W-4 or Form W-4(SP) for 2023 if they had any financial or personal changes during the year — for employers.
What Happens if I File After the Deadline?
Reporting your taxes after the respective US tax deadline is still better than not reporting them at all. The IRS emphasizes that the first step to take whenever you realize you’ve missed a deadline is to obtain the necessary files and proceed to submit your tax statements.
No penalty applies if you don’t owe any taxes. If there is an amount due, though, a penalty calculated as a set percentage is applied to it both for late filing and late payment.
How Can PDFLiner Help with the Tax Filing Process?
PDFLiner is an all-in-one PDF solution that can be used to work with US Internal Revenue Service tax forms among many others. This straightforward online platform enables you to keep all of your tax forms in one place. Use the tax calendar to make sure you never miss a tax filing deadline.
The feature also provides for immediate access to the respective IRS forms in PDF format, which is officially acceptable for the purpose of e-filing. You can also use PDFLiner to work on fillable PDF forms previously downloaded from IRS resources, or use a link to those for quick access. Our platform has all the tools you might need for filling out a tax form. These include a broad range of tax forms and extensive signing functionality.
The E-signing feature is represented by the Signature Wizard, a tool that helps you to create a signature according to your needs. With this tool, you can easily shift between various methods of attaching an electronic signature to your tax form, such as by typing in your name or using a picture of your actual physical signature.
What's the quickest way to file my tax return?To make sure you don’t violate the tax due dates in 2023 schedule and save your time, it’s best to use IRS-approved e-filing software to submit the filled-out forms electronically. You’ll need to set up an e-Services account with the IRS.
Can IRS forms be signed electronically?Yes, most of the forms can be signed and filed electronically. You can use PDFLiner to generate an electronic signature as well as to store a template for further use when reporting your taxes.
Which forms can’t be electronically filed?Forms 1041-QFT and 990-T as well as amendment forms can’t be e-filed with the IRS. This also applies to Forms 1040, 1040-A, and 1041, 1040-EZ with any attachments and other documents that aren’t received electronically and have to be submitted by post.
Fill Out Tax Forms on Time with Online PDF Editor
Get Any Tax FormChoose a ready-to-fill form among the fillable tax forms in the PDFLiner catalog, complete it using our editor, save, and sign it online.
File Tax Forms on TimeGet notifications about the tax deadlines or visit the Tax Calendar to see when you should fill out the needed form.
Fill Out Taxes JointlyFor the particular forms that should be filled out jointly, you can share the access to the PDF and edit it together with the second party.
Hear What PDFLiner Users Have to Say About Us and our IRS Tax Calendar
I use PDFliner to help my clients sort out their tax and accounting matters. This cloud-based program helps me accomplish my tasks in a few clicks and keep my files secure and perfectly organized. I love their tax calendar feature, as well as their email notifications that keep me up to speed on tax deadlines.
Being self-employed requires some sense of discipline, but you’ll hardly ever succeed if you don’t use excellent tools to streamline your workload and enhance your productivity. For me, this is one of the best file editors and customization instruments. Editing, signing, sharing, secure storage… With pdfliner, I get to perform all the tasks I need quickly and efficiently. Thanks guys for creating such a useful platform for tax professionals.
Aside from helping me find, edit, sign, and share any tax form I need, Pdfliner also reminds me of all the deadlines that are coming up and important to know. Since I manage my tax affairs on my own, I really appreciate it, as well as the program’s tax calendar feature. Everything is online, so I don’t have to deal with installations and device memory overload issues.