Get your CIT 0002E, Application for Canadian Citizenship in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is an Application for Canadian citizenship?
The CIT 0002E Form is a four-page application by which you can obtain Canadian citizenship under Subsection 5(1). This document is not standalone; depending on your personal situation, you might also need other papers confirming the legitimacy of your claim. For example, you might be asked to complete a tax return for the last three years.
What do I need the application for Canadian citizenship form for?
- You can obtain Canadian citizenship by completing this application. However, this form is only for adults (over 18 years old).
- You must also have a permanent residence permit and by the time you apply, you must have been in the country for at least 1000 days in total over the past five years.
- In addition, you should demonstrate knowledge of French or English, as well as not have a citizenship ban due to criminal reasons.
How to Fill Out the Application for Canadian Citizenship Adult?
- Enter your full name, previous versions of it (if you changed your name, for example, as a result of marriage), date of birth, registration address, and personal information such as gender and height.
- Put the date you received permanent resident status in Canada, check if you are a citizen of other countries and if you have a permanent residence permit anywhere else.
- List the places of registration, work, and study for the last four years and answer a few questions about your previous life experience.
- Date and sign and indicate in which city you are applying. Leave the last table blank.
- If you need space to answer any questions, use a blank sheet.
Organizations that work with the CIT 0002E Form
- Government of Canada
How to apply for Canadian citizenship?
You can complete and submit this form electronically or on paper. Applying for Canadian citizenship online is the most convenient way available to some categories of residents. You can check your eligibility on the official Government website.
How long does it take to apply for Canadian citizenship?
The entire process from start to finish takes 23 months. This period includes the completion of the form and its review, the preparation for and passing of the language test, the interview, and the final ceremony.
When can we apply for Canadian citizenship?
To do it, you need to meet the following conditions: be over 18 years old, have a permanent residence permit, have lived in the country for at least 3 years (more than 1000 days) in the last 5 years, and fill out a tax return for this period.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online CIT 0002E, Application for Canadian Citizenship