Get your Convertible Note in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Convertible Note Form?
A convertible note meaning is quite simple, and this is a type of debt that can be converted into equity or ownership in a company. It is a popular financing option for startups because it allows them to raise capital quickly without giving up too much control or equity. Convertible notes are typically issued by companies to investors who are looking for a return on their investment.
How To Fill Out the Convertible Note Online
Filling out a convertible note pdf form online can be a straightforward process, especially when using a platform like PDFliner. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to fill out the form on the PDFliner website:
- Choose the convertible note template you wish to use from the available templates. Ensure that you select the correct template to avoid any issues. Also, you may find the convertible note examples to compare term usage.
- Open the template on the PDFliner website and enter the required information. The template should prompt you to enter the necessary information, including the names of the parties involved, the principal amount, and the interest rate, among others.
- Review the completed form to ensure that all the required information has been entered accurately. Also, before signing the document, you should carefully review the convertible note terms to ensure you understand the investment structure.
- Sign the form electronically if the platform offers this functionality. If not, you may need to print out the form, sign it, and then scan it back to the platform.
- Save and download the completed form to your device for future reference or to share with others involved.
What Should the Convertible Note Template Include
A convertible note form should include certain essential details to protect the interests of both the investor and the company. Here are some of the critical elements that should be included in a convertible note:
- Principal amount: This is the amount of money that the investor will lend to the company.
- Interest rate: The interest rate represents the cost of borrowing money and is typically lower than the interest rate on a traditional loan.
- Maturity date: The maturity date is the date by which the company must pay back the principal amount plus any accrued interest.
- Conversion terms: These terms outline when and how the convertible note can be converted into equity in the company.
- Pre-money valuation: This is the valuation of the company before the investment is made and is used to determine the conversion price.
- Conversion discount: A conversion discount is a percentage discount applied to the share price when the convertible note is converted into equity.
- Cap: A cap is a maximum valuation placed on the company, ensuring that the investor will not overpay when converting the note into equity.
When to Request the Convertible Note Form
A convertible note form should be requested when a startup wants to raise capital quickly without giving up too much control or equity. Here are some situations where a convertible note form may be appropriate:
- Seed stage funding: Convertible notes are an excellent option for early-stage startups that have yet to establish a valuation or secure significant funding.
- Uncertain valuation: If a startup is uncertain about its valuation or expects significant growth in the future, a convertible note can help to delay the valuation until the company has a more accurate idea of its worth.
- Limited funds: Convertible notes allow startups to raise funds quickly and cheaply without having to pay high legal or transaction fees associated with equity financing.
- Investor preference: Some investors may prefer convertible notes over equity because they provide more flexibility and protection against downside risk.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Convertible Note