Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
51 Real Estate Contracts
Real Estate Purchase Contract What is Real Estate Purchase Agreement? The real estate purchase contract is the document that binds the seller and buyer of the real estate property. It is a contract that can be created by the real estate agency or used by the buyer and seller alone to
OREA Form 501, Agreement of Purchase and Sale What Is Form 501? Form 501 Agreement of Purchase and Sale Condominium Resale is a contract used by buyers and sellers of condominiums. The agreement sets out the terms and conditions of the sale, including the purchase price, deposit amount, closing date,
North Carolina Real Estate Contracts What Is North Carolina Real Estate Contracts Form? A real estate contract is a legally binding agreement between a buyer and a seller that outlines the terms and conditions of a real estate transaction. In North Carolina, the North Carolina Real Estate Co
New Jersey Real Estate Contracts What Is New Jersey Real Estate Contracts Form? A real estate contract is a legally binding agreement between the buyer and seller of a property that outlines the terms and conditions of the sale. The New Jersey Real Estate Contracts Form is a standardized
Nebraska Real Estate Contracts What Is the Nebraska Real Estate Contract Form? The Nebraska real estate purchase contract is a legal document used by buyers and sellers of residential property in Nebraska. The form outlines the terms and conditions of the sale, including the purchase p
Mississippi Real Estate Contracts What Is Mississippi Real Estate Contracts Form? The Mississippi Real Estate Contracts form is a legally binding document used to formalize the agreement between a buyer and a seller of real estate property in Mississippi. It outlines the terms and conditi
Massachusetts Real Estate Contracts Massachusetts Real Estate Contracts
Connecticut Real Estate Contract How To Fill Out the Connecticut Real Estate Contract Online When buying or selling real estate in Connecticut, it's important to have a clear and concise contract outlining the transaction's terms and conditions. This article will discuss completi
Arkansas Real Estate Contract What Is Arkansas Real Estate Contracts Form? Arkansas Real Estate Contracts Form is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions of a real estate transaction between a buyer and a seller. This document is used to protect the interests of both p
Arizona Real Estate Contract What Is Arizona Real Estate Contracts Form? When buying or selling a property in Arizona, it is essential to have a written agreement between the parties involved. This agreement is known as the Arizona real estate contracts form. It outlines the terms an
Virginia Real Estate Contract Overview of the Virginia Real Estate Contract Form The Virginia real estate contract form is a standardized form approved by the Virginia State Bar Association and widely used for real estate transactions. This Virginia real estate sales contract covers a
West Virginia Real Estate Contracts Understanding the West Virginia Residential Real Estate Contract Form The West Virginia Real Estate Contract form is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions of a real estate transaction. It covers all aspects of the sale, includi
Search by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
What Are Real Estate Contracts?
Real estate contracts are lawful agreements that record the terms of a property transaction between a purchaser and a vendor. These contracts encompass various specificities such as the property's purchase cost, financing arrangements, time limits, contingencies, and other related provisions. They serve to shield the rights and obligations of both sides involved in the transaction.
Examples of real estate contract forms include purchase agreements, lease agreements, option contracts, land contracts, and rental agreements. These docs are utilized when purchasing or selling residential or commercial properties, leasing properties, or entering into rent-to-own arrangements.
What Are the Types of Real Estate Contracts?
There are several major types of real estate contracts. And hence, there are several major types of real estate contract forms. You’ll find them listed below, with brief descriptions.
- Residential Purchase Agreements: These are legitimate contracts used in real estate transactions to determine the specificities of purchasing a residential property. Their purpose is to establish the arrangement between the purchaser and vendor, ensuring clarity and protection for both sides. These docs typically feature key elements such as the property's address, purchase cost, financing terms, contingencies (e.g., home inspections, financing approval), closing date, and the like. They may also address potential remedies and dispute-resolution mechanisms. This documentation is crucial for defining the rights and responsibilities of purchasers and vendors, encouraging a bump-free and straightforward property purchase road.
- Commercial Purchase Agreements: These are legitimate contracts used in realty deals involving the commercial estate. This document defines the main principles of purchasing commercial real estate, such as office or industrial buildings or retail spaces. Commercial real estate contracts are utilized when purchasers and vendors engage in corresponding deals. These docs typically have a structured format that includes specificities like the property's legal description, purchase price, financing arrangements, due diligence period, contingencies, closing date, and allocation of closing costs. These agreements guarantee clarity, protection, and a solid framework for cooperation.
- Lease Agreements: These are legitimate contracts that determine the rules of cooperation between a proprietor and a renter for the rental of a property. Their main purpose is to shape the rights, obligations, and liabilities of both sides throughout the contract period. These agreements typically include key elements such as the property address, lease duration, rental amount and payment terms, security deposit details, maintenance responsibilities, permitted uses, and any restrictions or circumstances. Lease Agreements serve as a comprehensive framework that governs the proprietor-renter relationship and provides clarity on important angles of the deal.
- Land Contracts: These are contracts used in realty deals where the vendor finances the purchase of the property instead of a traditional mortgage lender. They are utilized when purchasers have difficulty obtaining financing or sellers prefer to have more control over the sale. These docs outline the terms of the deal, including the buying cost, down payment, installment payments, interest rate, and duration of the arrangement.
- Builder-Buyer Agreements: These are legitimate deals between a builder and a potential purchaser of a newly constructed property. Their main purpose is to map out the legal context of the property purchase process directly from the builder. These agreements typically feature the property's specifications, design options, construction timeline, payment schedule, warranties, and dispute resolution mechanisms. They may also cover contingencies related to the completion of construction, inspection processes, and any allowances or upgrades. Builder-Buyer Agreements provide a clear framework for the builder-purchaser deal, ensuring both sides are aware of their rights, obligations, and expectations throughout the entire process.
Main Requirements for Real Estate Contract Templates
While the specific requirements may vary based on jurisdiction and the nature of the transaction, here are the main components that make real estate contract templates legitimate:
- Identification: the doc should clearly pinpoint the parties involved, including their legal names, addresses, and contact info.
- Property Portrayal: a comprehensive description of the property in question should be included, as well.
- Purchase Cost or Rent: the pre-established purchase price for a sale or the rental amount for a lease should be clearly stated, along with the arrangements for payment.
- Financing Terms: if applicable, the file should report the financing arrangements, such as mortgage details, interest rates, loan terms, and any contingencies related to obtaining financing.
- Contingencies and Conditions: various contingencies and conditions may be included to safeguard both sides’ interests.
- Closing or Occupancy Dates: the contract should specify the agreed-upon closing date for sales or the start and end dates for leases.
- Disclosures: real estate contracts often require disclosures to ensure transparency and compliance with legal requirements. These disclosures may involve the property's condition, any known defects, environmental concerns, or specific legal obligations.
- Allocation of Expenses: the contract should address the allocation of costs and expenses related to the transaction, including closing costs, property taxes, utilities, insurance, and maintenance responsibilities.
- Default and Remedies: the contract should outline the consequences of default by either party and the available remedies, such as cancellation, damages, or specific performance.
- Signatures: a valid contract requires the signatures of all parties involved to signify their agreement and intent to be bound by the terms outlined in the document.
Bear in mind that while these components provide a general framework, it's crucial to consult with legal professionals or utilize jurisdiction-specific real estate contract templates to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
Where to Get Real Estate Contracts
If you're currently on the prowl for a specific real estate contract template, you've come to the right place. Within the PDFLiner extensive database of predesigned real estate fillable forms, you'll easily find the template you need. And our database extends far beyond the real estate category, by the way. Moreover, with our handy service, you can easily fill out any form online. That way, you'll manage your paperwork fast and smoothly — without any paper involved! Long story short, PDFLiner is an error-proof and easy way to find, complete, share, and even e-sign your real estate documents. That’s more than enough for streamlined and straightforward document management. Give it a try, and you'll want to stick with it forever.