Get your SMP1 Statutory Maternity Pay Form in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is SMP1 Form?
The fillable Statutory Maternity Pay form is required to be filed by the employer for the employee who is not entitled to SMP or in case the employer can’t pay SMP form maternity anymore. The employer must download the Statutory Maternity Pay form and give the copy to the employee after filling it. The data must be provided to the Jobcentre Plus.
What I need the Statutory Maternity Pay form SMP1 for?
- You may need this blank for claiming for the Maternity Allowance;
- It is used for notification of Jobcentre Plus that the employer can’t provide SMP anymore;
- If the business situation does not allow the employer to pay the SMP, the employee can take the form and a Maternity Certificate and ask for the Maternity Allowance;
- The form can be used during the tax calculations if the officials decide on the Maternity Payment situation.
How to Fill Out the Statutory Maternity Pay Form?
The SMP1 form PDF can be filled out either online or offline. It is available in the PDF version right on this page. You can download and print it to learn the details you need to provide. The form is free of charge and does not require any fees from you. It is 4 pages long, and the first page contains detailed explanations and addresses of where to file the form. You have to provide the next data:
- Part A requires information about an employee, including the name, surname, address, NI number, and employee number;
- In Part B, you are to pick one of the boxes indicating the reason why you can’t pay SMP;
- Part C is for the dates that are used for the SMP claim, including the week when the baby is due;
- Part D requires more details on the reasons why you can’t pay SMP;
- Part E is a declaration of the employer, including the date and signature.
Organizations that work with the Statutory Maternity Pay form
- Government of the UK;
- Jobcentre Plus.
FAQ: SMP1 Form Maternity Allowance Popular Questions
How to get SMP1 form?
Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP1) is paid by employers, not the government. Your employer should give you an SMP1 form to complete and return 8 weeks before your baby is due.
Where to send SMP1 form?
The SMP1 form should be sent to the address on the form:
The Pensions Service
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The Pensions Service will then contact your employer to arrange payment.
Who should fill out SMP1 form maternity allowance?
The SMP1 form is used to claim maternity allowance from the government. The form should be filled out by the expectant mother.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online SMP1 Statutory Maternity Pay Form