Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Get your New York Rental Application in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
Introducing the New York Rental Application Form
One of the most common paperwork you'll come across when you attempt to rent a residential space in New York is the rental application form. Aptly named New York City rental application, this document provides landlords with a detailed account of a potential tenant’s financial and rental history.
Significance of New York rental application
Just like a job interview, a rental application New York gives landlords the chance to review the suitability of potential tenants. Whether it’s a studio in Manhattan or a Brownstone in Brooklyn, this document allows owners to verify essential details like employment status, credit history, and references.
How to Fill Out New York Rental Application PDF
You may be wondering about completing this New York rental form. Not to worry, here's a simplified step-by-step guide:
- Begin by inserting your Last Name, First Name, and MI in their respective fields under the "Applicant Information" section.
- Click on the Sex field and choose your gender from the drop-down option available.
- Fill out the phone number fields (Home, Work, and Cell) with the appropriate contact information. Make sure to include the area code.
- Enter your Social Security Number and Driver's License Number in the provided fields. Then, select your issuing state from the drop-down menu and enter your Date of Birth.
- Choose your Marital Status by clicking the radio buttons labeled Single, Married, Divorced, or Fiancé.
- Move to the "Present Rental Information" section and enter your Present Home Address, along with the City, State, and Zip Code. Indicate the length of your residence in years or months.
- Fill in your Landlord's Name, Phone Number, and Fax Number. Input your current Monthly Rent and the Reason for Moving.
- If applicable, Repeat similar steps in the "Previous Rental Information" section.
- In the "Employment Information", enter your occupation and your employer's name. Also, fill in the Name of Supervisor and contact details of the Human Resources Department including their Phone and Fax numbers. Enter your Supervisor's Phone Number as well.
- Input your Current Income and income after feductions, and indicate whether this is a Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly income in the respective field. Also, detail your Length of Employment and Work Hours.
- In the "Other Sources of Income" part, indicate income sources such as SSI Per Month, Food Stamps Per Month, Child Support Per Month, and describe any other income sources.
- Enter the Name, Phone Number, City, State, and Relationship details of your emergency contact in the 'In Case of Emergency, Contact' section.
- If you're receiving any Rental Assistance, describe your Rental Assistance/Subsidy Type, Voucher Amount, Expiration Date, Case Number, Case Worker Name, and Case Worker Phone Number.
- In the "Residency Information" section, indicate the Total Adults and Total Children under 18 Years residing with you. Fill in their Full Name, Sex, Date of Birth, and their Relationship to you. Indicate whether pets are allowed or not in your residence.
- Mention how you were referred to the apartment/rental property in the 'Referred to us by' section.
- Finally, enter the date in the "Signature of Applicant" section and digitally sign the form.
- Use the "Remarks or personal statement please write here" section to add any additional information or notes important to your application.
Remember to review the entire rental application New York pdf form to ensure all the information entered is accurate before submitting.
What to expect with the New York city rental application
While most aspects of a rental application remain uniform across the state, there might be additional checks involved when considering properties in New York City. Given the ultra-competitive nature of NYC's rental market, landlords may also seek credit score checks and financial statements to ensure tenancy sustainability.
Fillable online New York Rental Application