Printable blank IRS 1096 Form
What is IRS 1096?
IRS 1096 is a form that provides results with all the information documents that you may already have submitted to recipients and IRS. If you provided information to the recipient, no matter which forms you use, you have to submit IRS 1096 later. However, different forms require different approaches. This form must be accompanied by the forms you’ve submitted before.
What I need the IRS 1096 for?
Depending on the form you filled out before, there are different goals to provide IRS 1096 to authorities. For example:
- Educational and financial institutions and government require this form to keep their finances in order;
- Small or corporate business, brokers, insurance companies need this form to show the communication between them and recipients;
- Mortgage lenders, homeowners, real estate agents, loan holders, lenders have to show this form to their clients;
- Lottery, casino, and other gambling institutions require this form for tax reports.
There is a penalty if you don’t fill out IRS 1096 in time. It starts at $30 for one form. You have to check the deadlines on the IRS website. It is recommended to check each form deadline separately.
Organizations that work with IRS 1096
Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service.
Relevant to Form 1096 Documents:
How to fill out IRS Form 1096?
Step 1: Open the fillable 1096 form by clicking the "Fill Out Form" button.
Step 2: Provide the following information:
- Company: name, address, phone, the person who can be contacted;
- SSN or EIN number must be included;
- Complete Box 3 by listing all the forms you want to send to IRS;
- Box 4 contains the total number of tax withheld on all forms that you submit;
- Box 5 consists of all the payments on the forms;
- You may put X mark in the Box 6, for the form type that you are submitting.
Step 3: Once you completed the form, click the "Done" button to save the document.
FAQ: Let’s Go Through Form 1096 Popular Questions
Where to get Form 1096?
You can get your printable 1096 form here at PDFLiner by clicking the "Fill Out Form" button and complete the form online. If you would like to get simply a blank form, you can go to the official IRS website and download your 1096 there. In case you need a scannable 1096 form to file it with the IRS, you would need to order it.
When is 1096 due?
The due date for Form 1096 is usually February 28, and it wasn't changed this year. However, you should remember that you need to provide all copies of the form to non-IRS recipients by January 31 of the year after the tax year.
How to file a corrected 1096?
To file your corrected 1096 you would need to fill it out and print a paper Copy A of the form and then mail it to the local IRS office. You can find the mailing address on the 2nd and 3rd page of the form.
Hear What PDFLiner Users Have to Say & Join Them Today
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!