Printable blank Form 8962
Printable blank Form 8962
What is IRS 8962?
IRS 8962 is the form that was made for taxpayers who want to find out the premium tax credit amount and to reconcile this figure with advance payment of the premium tax credit. This form can be completed only if you need the coverage of health insurance in the health plan from the Marketplace.
What I need the IRS 8962 for?
- You need the IRS 8962 form to cover the health insurance in the health plan;
- To find out the numbers in your Premium Tax Credit;
- Coordinate the PTC numbers with advance payment of the premium tax credit or APTC;
- If APTC was paid by your relative or friend on your behalf, you also require IRS 8962 form to attach it to the tax return, which is 1040NR, 1040, or 1040 SR forms.
Filling out IRS 8962
The form is not hard to fill out. You need to read the instructions written on the first pages of the form. After you understood all the requirements, you can simply complete the form step by step. The lines you have to fill out are on the 6th page only. Read the five previous pages before. You have to provide:
- Personal information about your tax family;
- Calculate the household income as a percentage of the federal poverty line;
- On page 9, you will find a useful table that'll help you to calculate expenses and fill out the 5th line.
The document is 20 pages long. Yet, there are not so many lines to fill out. Most of the pages contain explanations and instructions.
Organizations that work with IRS 8962
Department of Treasury Internal Revenue Service.
Related 8962 Tax Documents
IRS Form 8962 Resources
FAQ: Let’s Go Through 8962 Popular Questions
What is form 8962?
This is the form that you have to file together with the annual income tax return in case you received the premium tax credit via the Marketplace during the year. This form is made to help you with calculating the premium tax credit and reconciling it with the advance payments of PTC. If you want to claim the PTC, you have to complete the form and send it together with a federal income tax return to the IRS.
How to get form 8962?
You may download this form directly from the IRS official website. It is available for free access. All you need is to find it by name. If you don’t want to open the IRS website and search for this form, you can easily use the link above to open it here, on this website. It is absolutely free of charge. There are instructions you have to read before completing form 8962.
How to fill out form 8962?
This form is separated into 5 blocks for your convenience. At the top of the form, you need to write down your name and Social Security number. After that, complete the next block:
- Part 1 requires the monthly and annual contribution numbers. You can enter the number from the 1040 and 1040 NR forms. Enter the household income;
- Part 2 is about your PTC numbers. You have to compare it with the APTC. Pay attention! In line 24, enter the total amount of PTC. In line 25, you have to write the APTC amount. Line 26 is meant for the next PTC;
- The 4th block may not be required. It is for share policy allocations.
What do I do if I received an IRS letter about a missing 8962?
You will receive the letter 12C from the IRS in case they receive the income tax return from you, but with no additional information attached. In this case, you will have to complete or resent it to the IRS as soon as possible. You won’t have to amend the tax return and complete the 1040X form. All you will have to do is provide detailed information before the deadline stated by the IRS.
Hear What PDFLiner Users Have to Say & Join Them Today
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!