85 Rental Agreement Forms
Basic Rental Agreement What is Basic Rental Agreement? The basic rental agreement fillable form is something that any rental agency has in the office. It is a standard form they can provide you once you decide to rent the property. The form can be asked by the landlord who want
Texas Month to Month Lease Agreement texas-month-to-month-lease-agreement
Ontario Form N1 What Is an Ontario N1 Form? The form N1, often known as the Ontario N1 form, is a crucial legal document in the province. For those who are new to using this form, understanding its importance, usage, and how to fill it out is fundamental. Our goal today
Week-to-Week Rental Agreement What Is a Week-to-Week Room Rental Agreement? This is a simple document used for short-term residential rentals. This format of lease agreements is convenient if parties need premises for a short period or if it is important for them to maintain flexibili
Storage Units Rental Agreement Overview: Storage Unit Rental Agreement Form In every self-storage business, having a detailed and clear storage unit rental agreement form is essential. This document, in essence, is a contract between the owner and the tenant, outlining everything from
West Virginia Month-to-Month Lease Agreement West Virginia Month-to-Month Lease Agreement ✓ Easily fill out and sign forms ✓ Download blank or editable online
Rental Inspection Walk-Through Form Rental Inspection Walk-Through Form ✓ Easily fill out and sign forms ✓ Download blank or editable online
Bounce House Rental Agreement What Is a Bounce House Rental Agreement? A bounce house rental agreement is a legal document that captures the specifics and terms of cooperation between a bounce house rental company and its client. Are you looking for a free bounce house rental ag
CA RTB-1, Residential Tenancy Agreement What is Residential Tenancy Agreement? If you are looking for what is a residential tenancy agreement, you may want to rent the property or find a tenant. The document regulates relations between the landlord and tenant over the manufactured home. It must
House Rental Agreement What Is a Printable House Rental Agreement? It’s a legally binding contract based on which a proprietor allows a tenant to use their property for a short time span. Usually, this file functions on a year-long basis, which means it needs to be re-sig
Move-In and Move-Out Checklist What Is a Move in Out Inspection Checklist? The tenant move in move out checklist is an important document that can prevent disputes during a rental agreement is a 'move in out inspection checklist'. This checklist is a comprehensive tool that pla
Wyoming Month to Month Rental Agreement Wyoming Month to Month Rental Agreement
Search by State
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
What Are Rental Agreement Forms?
In a business such as renting premises or vehicles, all contract terms between tenants and owners must be fixed in writing. You should use rental or lease agreements for it. Our free rental agreement forms are ready-made document templates with standard terms and obligations of the parties that allow you to deal with paperwork faster.
Each state and even municipality has specific requirements for these documents, so in this category, you will find templates for different states and regions, as well as various tasks such as residential and commercial leases. Choose any file, customize it to describe the current conditions, and send it to recipients for signing.
Rental Agreement Types
Our rental lease agreement forms deal with leasing premises, vehicles, or equipment. The most popular types of such contracts are:
- Commercial Rental Agreements. When it comes to renting commercial property, choose a template made specifically for it. You can use real estate as an office space, cafe, shop, workshop, etc.
- Residential Rental Agreements. This type is intended for renting premises where people will live, i.e., apartments, houses, rooms, etc. Such documents fix household issues such as garbage collection and plumbing repairs.
- Condominium Rental Agreements. A condominium is a special form of joint ownership, so you need to use specialized agreements when renting such premises. Tenants are obliged to comply with the terms and conditions accepted by the condo owners.
- Month-to-Month Rental Agreements. These rental agreement contract forms are short-term. When signing such an agreement, parties should sign them monthly. This format allows them to review the conditions regularly.
- Rent-to-Own Agreements. If tenants intend to buy the premises sometime after the lease, use contracts from this category. They contain information about the lease term and the conditions for subsequent purchase.
- Roommates Agreements. These contracts aren't mandatory, but if you're renting a space with other people, you want to make sure everyone follows their responsibilities. They describe the rules of conduct, cleaning and maintenance duties, the financial burden of tenants, etc.
- Equipment Rental Agreements. You can rent a variety of equipment. Such agreements protect the interests of both parties and appoint those responsible in the event of a breakdown.
- Vehicle Rental Agreements. You can rent not only premises and equipment but also vehicles. All parties to the agreement should understand the contract terms, their rights, and obligations when using a rented car.
- Storage Rental Agreements. This type of agreement is used when renting units to store various things and objects.
Where to Get Rental Agreement Forms
We have collected more than 80 rental agreement forms to print in this category. You can find a suitable template for your state and rental type. Any standard blank can be customized by adding extra conditions, appendixes, special notes, and more. If some prescribed terms are irrelevant to the current situation, remove this part. You can enter information into the agreement directly on the site using the PDFLiner editor and send it to the second party for review and signing. Any contract created using this platform and signed by all participants is legally binding and is considered valid for the specified period.
How to Write a Rental Agreement
Since you can rent residential and commercial premises, vehicles, and equipment, the detailed list of the required information might vary. However, to complete the standard rental agreement templates, you need to do the following:
- Find the template you need and click on it. After the PDFLiner editor loads, you can start filling out the document.
- Specify the name of a tenant (-s) and the property being discussed. Note that the agreement states that this property cannot be subleased.
- Enter the start and end dates of the rent, as well as the monthly cost of the service. Don't forget to enter information about late payment fees, the first payment amount, insurance premium, and advance payment (if applicable).
- Describe what devices and appliances are in the room and indicate who is responsible for their repair.
- Enter the conditions for terminating the agreement and the consequences that may follow if these conditions are not met.
- Enter how much rent, insurance, and broker's fee the tenant paid and how much is still expected (if not paid in full).
- Write the date of completing the agreement. All parties involved in the contract must read the text and, if they agree, put in their signatures. Each participant should receive a copy of the completed document.
If the standard template does not cover all the details that are needed in a particular case, feel free to add extra lines, blocks, and even pages with various auxiliary conditions. Appendixes may include any special provisions that make the main contract more understandable for each party. Make sure all participants agree on these additional details. At the end of the lease term, either party may refuse to renew the agreement or request a revision of specific terms.
What is the difference between a lease and a rental agreement?
These terms are often used interchangeably, but they are still different. Lease agreements are usually long-term contracts, the duration of which can be from several months to several years. Rental agreements are short-term ones, the period of which usually does not exceed 12 months.
How to rent a property?
First, you need to determine your budget and find a property that suits your needs (size, features, location, etc.). You can do it yourself or contact specialized agencies. Once you have found the right property, contact a tenant/owner to discuss the lease terms. If everything suits you, enter into a short-term or long-term agreement with the owner.
Can I get out of a rental agreement?
In short, yes. Conditions for terminating the contract ahead of schedule should be specified in the document. It is usually required to notify a landlord in advance of your intentions. Besides, you will probably have to pay the penalty.
Who prepares rental agreements?
The responsibility for drafting the text lies with landlords or their agents/representatives. They draw up a document and send it to tenants for review. If everyone is satisfied with everything, both parties must sign the agreement.