Get your CA RTB-1, Residential Tenancy Agreement in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is Residential Tenancy Agreement?
If you are looking for what is a residential tenancy agreement, you may want to rent the property or find a tenant. The document regulates relations between the landlord and tenant over the manufactured home. It must be provided under the agreement on the single tenancy.
The contract between the tenant and landlord is official once it is signed by both parties. A real estate agent can be a witness to the agreement, yet, you don’t need to hire a third party if you have found a tenant/landlord you trust. The document records that the agreement was reached.
Each party requires a copy of the agreement. It can be used to prove that the property is rented. Yet, even if you don’t have a copy of the agreement on your hands, you can still use the Residential Tenancies Act. Once you pay for the rent or receive the payment you become part of the agreement. You have to read the document before you sign anything.
What I need the Residential Tenancy Agreement for?
- Tenant needs BC residential tenancy agreement to make sure that the payment that is provided was recorded in the document and all intentions to rent the property is confirmed by the landlord. This document specifies the conditions of the rent and when a tenant can move in;
- Landlord needs the document signed by the tenant to make sure that the agreement was reached and the payment will be paid each month based on the agreement. Both parties have to agree upon a specific amount of money and a deadline for the payment;
- A real estate agent who was hired to arrange the agreement needs a copy of the document to make sure that both parties are satisfied and ready to work together.
How to Fill Out Residential Tenancy Agreement?
This particular residential tenancy agreement was created for the British Columbia region. You can use it there or you can edit the document and change the location up to your own preferences. This option can be changed via PDFLiner, an online editor.
The form is standard so you can only write down the names of both parties, the address of the property, and agree upon the payment. It can be used in any region or even in a different country if it suits the local regulations. Download the form or open it online. Fill in the empty sections and send it to the other party. You can send it via email. Here is what you need to include there:
- Provide information about the landlord and tenant including the name, last name, and phone numbers;
- Share the information about the place that is rented including the number of units, street, city, postal code, and province;
- Provide the address for the service of either landlord or the agent, including the phone number to reach him/her;
- Include the information about the terms of the agreement and when the tenant can move into the house;
- Provide information about the payment. Pick the appropriate boxes with matching statements on the extra payments that are included in the agreement that must be paid by the tenant. It can be the payment for heat, gas, laundry;
- Share the data on the security deposit;
- Sign the agreement and send the other party document to sign it.
Organizations that work with Residential Tenancy Agreement
- British Columbia private citizens;
- British Columbia real estate agencies.
Where to get residential tenancy agreement?
You can easily find this agreement on the website of British Columbia rental estate agencies or on the Internet. You will be able to read it there and possibly print it to fill by hand later. However, if you don’t want to waste hours to find the appropriate form, you can use PDFLiner. The form is there and ready to be filled by you. Open the file and use the tools offered on the main panel. You can even edit the sections you don’t need or want to add. There is a detail instructions on how to fill it out so you would not get lost.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online CA RTB-1, Residential Tenancy Agreement