Get your Separation Agreement in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is Separation Agreement?
If you are looking for a separation agreement, you may be at the first step of your divorce procedure. This document is legal and is made between two people who are currently in marriage but want to separate. Using this document, you share all your assets with your spouse to make the divorce process go smoothly. This agreement will help to handle the affairs of two people who want to share goods and property.
However, this document also helps to divide the debts you have in marriage. Separation comes before the official divorce. In numerous states, the period of separation before you will be able to officially divorce lasts for up to 180 days. After that, you can always change your mind or finalize the procedure. You may use the blank separation agreement to finalize relations if you can’t receive an official divorce due to your religion.
Not all the documents are similar. This particular separation agreement template is made for people without minor children born in the marriage. If you have them, it is better to use another template.
What I need the separation agreement for?
- You need to use a legal separation agreement if you don’t want to file for divorce but prefer to separate from your spouse. If you don’t have minor children, you can complete the form and sign it. The parties can separate their assets using this document. The form requires full information on your debts, assets, and all the property you have;
- Lawyers can provide a marriage separation agreement PDF to their clients who don’t want to divorce yet or have to wait for a specific time since they announce their decisions. It is better to use the document as the first step of divorce to make sure that there is no property left that clients disagree about.
How to Fill Out Separation Agreement?
You can find a marriage separation agreement on the Internet in no time. However, there are different types of documents. Some of them are not suitable for your specific situation. You have to make sure that you pick the most appropriate one. Don’t try to create a printable separation agreement by yourself since you need to stick to the national laws. It is better to consult with a lawyer before you sign any documents.
You also need to ask witnesses to join you and your spouse in signing the form. Use the universal template from PDFLiner to simplify the procedure. You have to go there and open the document. You will see the tools in front of you, use them to complete empty sections. After that, save the document on your device and send the copy to the other party. Here is what you need to include in the template:
- Provide both names of spouses;
- Provide the date of the marriage and the place you were married;
- Share the information on whether you are living separately already or need to immediate separation after the agreement is signed;
- Provide information on the support of the spouse amount of money you agree upon;
- Provide information on the property and how you prefer to divide it;
- Provide information on the bank accounts and benefits of the employees if there are any;
- Provide information on the insurance you have and are ready to share;
- Include the data on the debts;
- Ask witnesses of the husband and wife to sign the document, sign the document yourself, and provide the current date.
Organizations that work with separation agreement
- Any official establishments around the country.
How to write a separation agreement?
Separation agreements must be originally made in accordance with local and national laws. Not every taxpayer is familiar with these laws to create the document on its own. This is why it is important to ask a professional to write down the document or use the already-made template. Once you find the template you need with all the aspects that must be included there, you can fill it. If you notice that there are several extra lines you want to add, you can do it in a separate attachment or ask the lawyer whether you can include it in the agreement.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Separation Agreement