Get your Schedule H Form 1040 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is Form 1040 Schedule H?
IRS Schedule H Form 1040 is a document required in case you hire employees to do household chores regularly. You need to file Schedule H only if the total salary you pay to these people exceeds particular threshold amounts determined by federal tax law.
What do I need the 1040 Schedule H tax form for?
- To report employment taxes for hiring household employees;
- If you pay them at least $2,300 during the tax year;
- In case cash wages of all household employees total $1,000 or more throughout any 3 months during the current or previous tax year;
- You don’t need to file it if you hire independent contractors who take care of their employment taxes on their own such as electricians, plumbers, and babysitters.
Organizations that work with Form 1040 Schedule H
- The IRS.
Related Form 1040 Schedule H Tax Documents
How to fill out Form 1040 Schedule H?
- Press a blue button located on this page, which will guide you to a fillable form blank you can complete online.
- In the top section, write down your name, SSN, and EIN. Answer the A, B, and C questions.
- Part I determines the cash wages you pay to your employee, Social Security, Medicare, and federal income taxes.
- Part II requires your state and federal unemployment tax inputs.
- In Part III, assume your total household employment tax obligations after the paid leave tax credit.
- Download the printable PDF file on your PC by clicking the Done button.
- File this document with your tax return, which is either Form 1040 or 140-SR.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Schedule H Form 1040