Get your Indiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles Bill of Sale Form?
The Indiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale form is a legal document that serves as proof of the transfer of ownership of a vehicle from the seller to the buyer. Once both parties complete and sign the document, it becomes a legally binding agreement.
Why do you need this form?
A bill of sale Indiana Bureau of motor vehicles form is an important document for both the buyer and the seller of a vehicle. Before buying or selling a vehicle, obtaining a Bureau of Motor Vehicles Indiana Bill of Sale form is important to ensure a smooth transaction.
For the seller, it provides proof of the sale and releases them from liability for the vehicle after the sale. For the buyer, it serves as proof of ownership and may be required to register the vehicle with the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Additionally, a form may resolve any disputes arising after the sale.
How To Fill Out the Indiana Department of Motor Vehicles Bill of Sale
If you plan to sell your vehicle in Indiana, you must fill out the Indiana motor vehicle bill of sale form. It could be easily filled out online using the PDFliner website. Here's how you may do it:
- Vehicle Information: In the first section, provide the necessary information about the vehicle, including the make, model, year, body type, color, and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Purchase Price: Provide the total purchase price of the vehicle in US dollars.
- Sale Date: Enter the date of the transaction (month, day, and year).
- Seller Information: In the next section, enter the seller's full name, address, city, state, and zip code.
- Buyer Information: Proceed to this section, and enter the buyer's full name, address, city, state, and zip code.
- Signatures: Both the seller and the buyer must sign and print their names in the designated areas. Additionally, enter the date of signing next to each signature.
- Notary Public (Optional): If the parties decide to have the document notarized, the notary public will fill out the corresponding section, including their signature, printed name, commission expiration date, and notary seal.
- Save and Print: Once all the information is filled out, save the completed form as a PDF or JPG and print it for both parties' records. Each party should retain a copy of the completed form for their records.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Indiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale