Get your Rental Inspection Checklist in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is Rental Inspection Checklist?
The rental inspection checklist is the standard inventory form that must be filled out as part of the lease agreement between the tenant and the landlord. You have to make sure that this document is signed by the property manager. The condition of the property must be officially recorded in the document to avoid problems with tenants in the future who can easily claim that there was no ceiling or that there was a hole in the wall if they have not signed the inspection rental checklist in advance.
It also secures the tenants from landlords who can claim that there were better conditions before they settled in. Both parties have to read the document and sign it to avoid misunderstanding. It is better not to move in or sign the rental deal before the agreement.
If the property requires repairs, this situation must be discussed between the two parties as well. In this case, the document has to provide a record of it. The tenant can offer to cover repairs while the landlord cuts the monthly fee.
What I need the Rental Inspection Checklist for?
- As a landlord, you need an inspection checklist rental to make sure that the condition of the property you decide to invite the renter in is recorded in the document. You may start with the walls and floor, ceiling, and renovations that must be provided;
- As the renter, you have to sign a checklist for rental inspection with the landlord to record the current situation of the property so the landlord would not blame you for the old problems that were before you. If you agree upon the repair, you have to make sure that everything you pay for is also recorded and that the landlord cuts the price for the monthly rent or pays the money for the repair.
How to Fill Out Rental Inspection Checklist?
The rental property inspection checklist can look differently based on the template you’ve found. You may find a wide range of options or even create one on your own. However, if you don’t want to deal with extra documents or spend more time on making the template, you can use the universal form from PDFLiner. If you need extra sections, you can add them online. PDFLiner provides online editing tools for everyone and an impressive library of forms. This way you receive a rental home inspection checklist which you and the other party only have to fill out and sign. Here is what you have to include there:
- Provide a description of the living room, including the location, condition of both arrival and departure, and quantity of objects inside it. Include the furniture, lights, doors, and condition of the floors, walls, and ceiling;
- Describe the kitchen using the same formula as with the living room. Include the information on the oven, stove, cabinets, refrigerator, pans, floors, walls, windows with curtains, doors, sink, and the surface of the counter. If there are extra tools like microwave oven and dishwasher, mention the state as well;
- Provide information on the bathroom. Don’t forget to inspect the presence of cold and hot water, shower, shower curtains, and bath. If there is a mirror, inspect its state too. You can provide details on the toilet and the pressure;
- Describe the bedroom. Add the information on the shelves, bed, mirror, doors, windows, ceiling, and covering of the floor;
- Specify the information on the other areas if there are any;
- Make sure you and the other party put signatures there and the current date.
Organizations that work with Rental Inspection Checklist
- The document can be filled by any landlord and tenant or real estate manager.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Rental Inspection Checklist