Get your Michigan Boat Bill of Sale in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Michigan Boat Bill of Sale Form?
The Michigan boat bill of sale form is an essential document for both buyer and seller. It legally represents the transfer of ownership. It includes important details such as the boat’s descriptions (year, make, hull ID, title number), purchase cost, the parties' contact details, and the transaction date. The sale is cemented when both parties sign the form.
Integrity of the bill of sale Michigan boat
When filling out the bill of sale Michigan for boat form template, it's crucial for both parties to ensure the details provided match those of the vessel, as delay or denial may result if discrepancies are found during the validation process. It is also required that the resulting document be notarized upon completion to guarantee its legal validity.
How to Fill Out the Michigan Boat Bill of Sale
Now that you have an overview, here's a step-by-step guide on how to complete Michigan bill of sale boat sections:
- Start with the 'Date' field in the top right corner of the form. Input the day, month, and year that the form is being filled out.
- Enter the buyer's information in the following fields: 'Buyer’s Name' and 'Buyer’s mailing address'. Ensure that the information is entered correctly and completely.
- Move to the seller's information section and do the same. You need to provide the seller's full legal name in the 'Seller’s name' field, and their complete mailing address in 'Seller’s mailing address' field.
- You will then come across the 'Description of Watercraft' section. Here, you need to provide specific details about your boat like the make, model, year, and hull identification number.
- In the 'Serial Number (SN)' field, enter the unique identification number assigned to your boat.
- Next is the 'Trade/Purchase Price' section. Here, you'll need to tick the relevant box that represents how you are paying for the boat.
- If you're making payment, input the exact cash amount in the space provided beside the first checkbox. You can decide the payment date by ticking the appropriate box and specifying the date if needed.
- If you're receiving the boat as a gift or in exchange for a trade, check the respective box and specify the trade item or state that it's a gift in the space provided.
- There are two signature sections, one for the seller and one for the buyer. First, as the seller, sign your name, enter the date, and print your name in the respective fields under 'Seller’s Signature, Date, and Print Name'.
- As the buyer, sign your name, enter the date, and print your name under the 'Buyer’s Signature, Date, and Print Name'.
- Leave the 'Notary Signature, Date, and Print Name' blank, as this is to be filled by a notary or witness to the transaction.
Observe care in the boat bill of sale Michigan process
Purchasing a boat is not something done every other day. Hence, it's important to get it right. Remember that all of the fields must be filled as accurately and completely as possible to maintain the validity and legality of the document. Also, you should save a copy for personal records. Besides filling out the crucial form, it is also advisable to inspect the boat or hire a marine surveyor to ensure it is in the condition claimed by the seller. In some cases, a sea trial could be useful.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Michigan Boat Bill of Sale