Get your Legal Invoice in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Are Legal Invoices Template?
A legal voice form is a crucial document used by law firms and legal service providers. This printed or digital document is essential for requesting payment from clients for services rendered. As a standard paper trail in business, these invoice forms help maintain transparency between clients and legal service providers. Understanding this form can seem complex, especially when you think about how to fill out this form.
Why legal invoice templates are vital
Legal invoice templates are critical for all parties involved in a legal transaction. For the lawyer or law firm, it provides a detailed record of work performed, including court filings, consultations, and investigative tasks. It also allows lawyers to detail costs, such as travel expenses or those related to acquiring documents.
A well-structured legal invoice provides transparency for clients, allowing them to understand where their money is going. Proper invoicing can also aid in disentangling disputes over billing, as it's tangible proof of the lawyer-client agreement on cost and deliverables.
How to Fill Out Legal Invoice Template
Knowing about completing a legal invoice form accurately is crucial to ensure seamless legal procedure and accurate billing. Below are step-by-step guidelines on the process:
- Start with the 'Bill From' section and here, you'll find fields that require your details. Begin with the 'Name' field, ensure you enter your full legal name as it appears on official documents.
- In the 'Company Name' field, input the name of your organization or business. If it does not apply, leave it blank.
- Proceed to fill in your 'Street Address' which includes your house number and the name of your street.
- Enter your city name in the 'City' field, your 'ST ZIP Code' in the respective field and your phone number in the 'Phone' field.
- Next, go to the 'Bill To' section, here you will provide the recipient's details. Start with the 'Name' field where you will enter the recipient's full name.
- Fill in the recipient's 'Company Name' in the respective field.
- In the 'Street Address' section, input the recipient's address then fill in their 'City', 'ST ZIP Code' and 'Phone' number in the designated fields.
- In the 'Invoice No.' section, enter the unique invoice number for referencing.
- Pick the 'Invoice Date' and 'Due Date', which refer to when the invoice was created and when payment is expected, respectively.
- In the 'Description' field, briefly but clearly describe the services or goods that you're billing for.
- In the 'Quantity' field, enter the number of goods or hours of service provided.
- Set the 'Rate' field, this could be the cost per item or hourly rate for service.
- The 'Fees($)' and 'Total($)' will be automatically calculated based on your quantity and rate. Re-check the 'Subtotal', 'Sales Tax', 'Other', and 'Total' fields to ensure all figures are correct.
- 'Terms and Conditions' section is usually pre-written, ensure you read and understand these terms.
- Choose your 'Payment Type'. If paying with a Credit Card, fill in the 'Cardholder Name', 'Account/CC Number', 'Expiration Date', 'CVV', 'Zip Code' then sign and date.
- If opting for 'Bank Wire', fill in 'Name on Bank Account', 'Street Address', 'Bank Name', 'Account Number', 'Routing Number' and 'Account Type'.
- If paying via 'PayPal', all you need to enter is your email address.
After verifying all the information is accurate, submit the form. Be sure to keep a copy for your records.
Role of legal invoicing software
In addition to using a template, taking advantage of legal invoicing software, like PDFLiner, can further streamline your invoicing process. Such software can automate elements of the invoicing process such as calculations, generation of itemized bills, and tracking of payments. With the right software, you can effortlessly manage your billing and improve the efficiency of your legal practice.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Legal Invoice