Get your Form 1098 (2023) in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is IRS Form 1098 Mortgage Interest 2023?
IRS Form 1098 is a necessary tax document for filling for those who are preparing to take a mortgage. This document is filled out by lenders and issued to borrowers.
What I need IRS 1098 2023 in
- Blank 1098 is used for reporting to the US government about any kind of information related to lenders, borrowers, or mortgage;
- To show an amount of taxes paid during the year;
- File 1098 is required to fill only if you’re engaged in a trade or business and get $600 or more of hypothec interest.
- If you don't receive interest, do not fill out the document.
Filling out IRS Form 1098
The process of the form completion is quite easy and fast, despite the fact it’s pretty long. Blank 1098 consists of two parts:
- The left part provides information about lenders and borrowers: names, addresses, so on;
- The right side has 9 boxes. In the first one, enter mortgage interest. In the second 2 — mortgage principal as of January 1st. At the third insert date of the mortgage. In Box 4 fill in a refund of overpaid interest. In Box 5 write down insurance premiums. The sixth box is for points paid on a purchase of a principal residence. In Boxes 7-9 — property and addresses.
Organizations that work with IRS 1098 2023
Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Relevant to 1098 form 2022
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form 1098 (2023)