Get your Form I-864, Interoffice Memorandum in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Form I-864, Interoffice Memorandum?
Form I-864, also known as the Interoffice Memorandum, is a document required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to ensure that the visa applicant has adequate financial support in the country. This define interoffice memorandum form aims to establish that the sponsor can financially support the immigrant, if necessary, and that the immigrant will not become a public charge in the United States.
How To Fill Out the Form I-864, Interoffice Memorandum Online
The following steps will help you fill out the interoffice memorandum template online:
- Go to the PDFliner website and download or open the legal interoffice memorandum template form online.
- Start filling in the necessary information in the spaces provided. The form is self-explanatory, and you need to provide accurate information.
- Provide information about the immigrant you are sponsoring, including their full name, date of birth, and immigration status.
- Fill in the details about your income and assets, including your employer's name, annual salary, and the value of your assets.
- Indicate your household size, which includes yourself, your spouse, any dependents, and the immigrant you are sponsoring.
- Attach any supporting documents, such as tax returns, bank statements, and employment letters, to demonstrate your financial capacity to support the immigrant.
- Sign and date the interoffice memorandum electronically, and submit it to the USCIS online.
What Should the Form I-864, Interoffice Memorandum Include
Nowadays form I-864 should include the following information:
- The sponsor's name, address, and contact information
- The immigrant's full name, date of birth, and immigration status
- Information about the sponsor's income, assets, and liabilities, including their employer's name, annual salary, and the value of their assets
- The sponsor's household size includes themselves, their spouse, any dependents, and the immigrant they are sponsoring
- Any supporting documents demonstrate the sponsor's financial capacity to support the immigrant.
- The sponsor's signature and date
- Any additional information or documents required by the USCIS
When to Request Form I-864, Interoffice Memorandum
You should request form I-864 if you are sponsoring an immigrant who is applying for one of the following visas:
- Family-based immigrant visa: If you sponsor a relative, such as a spouse, parent, or child, to immigrate to the United States.
- Diversity visa: If you are sponsoring a Diversity Visa lottery winner, which allows people from certain countries to apply for a green card.
- Employment-based immigrant visa: If you are sponsoring an employee to immigrate to the United States for work purposes.
- Certain nonimmigrant visas: If you are sponsoring a nonimmigrant visa applicant, such as a fiancé(e), to enter the United States.
Also important to note that the sponsor is legally responsible for supporting the sponsored immigrant for some time, even if their financial circumstances change. Inability to provide adequate support could result in a lawsuit and affect the sponsor's ability to sponsor future immigrants.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form I-864, Interoffice Memorandum