Get your Tennessee Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Tennessee Bill of Sale
The Tennessee Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legally recognized document used to record the selling and transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle within the state of Tennessee. Its main purposes include documenting the essential details of the transaction, such as the vehicle's identification information, purchase price, and the names and signatures of both the buyer and seller.
This document serves as proof of the sale and helps to establish the ownership of the vehicle. You can easily find the Tennessee Bill of Sale template in the PDFLiner’s database of free pre-made templates.
How to Get a Title With a Bill of Sale in Tennessee
To obtain a title with a Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Tennessee, follow these 7 vital steps:
- Ensure that you have a properly executed State of Tennessee Bill of Sale that includes all required details.
- Find out the address of your local County Clerk's Office and visit it in person.
- Fill out a Vehicle Title & Registration Application.
- Pay the needed fees for titling and registration.
- Show proof of insurance coverage.
- Submit the form and other required documents.
- Once approved, you'll receive the car title.
How to Fill Out Tennessee Vehicle Bill of Sale
Start the process by finding the Tennessee Bill of Sale PDF form in the PDFLiner’s gallery of pre-designed industry-specific templates. Launch the one-pager by clicking on it. Then look through the document to get the full picture of the information it requires. After that, follow these 6 straightforward steps:
- Provide the buyer's full name and address.
- Include the seller's full name and contact info.
- Specify whether the seller is an individual or a dealer.
- Enter detailed information about the vehicle being sold, including the year, make, model, color, and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Record the agreed-upon purchase price of the vehicle.
- E-sign the document with the PDFLiner’s smart digital signature feature. Date the document. Make sure a notary public is present during the procedure. The notary will complete the acknowledgment section. If required, witnesses should also sign and date the form.
You can then print out the form for further offline use. Make sure that all information is accurate to prevent any misinterpretation or confusion. Make sure that both parties retain copies of the completed form for their records.
Does the Tennessee Bill of Sale for a Vehicle Need to Be Notarized
In the Volunteer State, you typically need to notarize the Bill of Sale for a vehicle to ensure that it’s legally valid. Notarization involves having a notary public verify the signatures of both the buyer and seller on the document. This additional step ensures the authenticity of the transaction and prevents potential fraud. While notarization is generally required, it's essential to check with your local County Clerk's Office or the Tennessee Department of Revenue for specific requirements, as they may slightly vary depending on your location and circumstances.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Tennessee Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale