Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Virginia Tax Power of Attorney
Fill this form
Get your Virginia Tax Power of Attorney in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is Virginia Power Of Attorney Tax
A Virginia Tax Power of Attorney, also known as form PAR 101, is a legal document that allows taxpayers in the state to authorize an individual, usually an attorney or tax professional, to represent them or perform certain tax-related acts on their behalf. This form grants this representative the authority to access confidential tax information and make decisions regarding the taxpayer's state tax affairs.
When to use Virginia Tax Power Of Attorney
Taxpayers may wish to appoint a representative for various reasons. Common situations where a Virginia Tax Power of Attorney might be useful include:
- When seeking professional guidance for complex tax matters.
- If assistance is needed during an audit by the Virginia Department of Taxation.
- For individuals who might be incapacitated or out of the country and thus unable to manage their tax affairs personally.
- In cases where a taxpayer prefers a tax professional to handle communications regarding Virginia state taxes.
- When a taxpayer wishes to grant specific tax filing privileges to another party, like a family member or business partner.
How To Fill Out Virginia Tax Power Of Attorney Form
To fill out the Virginia Tax Power of Attorney form (PAR 101), follow these steps:
- Fill in your name, social security number (SSN), individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), or federal employer identification number (FEIN). If applicable, include your spouse's name and SSN/ITIN for joint representation. Provide your address, city, state, ZIP code, daytime and alternative telephone numbers, and email address.
- Indicate the tax type and taxable years or periods (up to 3 years into the future). Be specific and do not use "All Years" or "All Periods". For business taxes, include the 15-character Virginia Tax Account Number.
- Provide complete information for each representative, including name, address, city, state, ZIP code, daytime telephone number, fax number, and email address. Ensure to sign in the appropriate sections.
- As the taxpayer, sign, and date the form, authorizing the representative to access your tax information and represent you before Virginia Tax. For joint representation, both you and your spouse must sign.
- The representative must declare their designation (Attorney, CPA, Enrolled Agent, etc.), and sign and date the form.
This form is a legal document, so providing accurate and complete information is crucial. Once completed, mail or fax the form to the address provided on the form.
When to File State Of Virginia Tax Power Of Attorney Form
The State of Virginia Tax Power of Attorney form should be filed whenever a taxpayer wants to authorize a representative to handle their tax matters. It's essential to submit the form before any interactions with the Virginia Department of Taxation that the representative needs to be involved in, like audits or disputes.
Where to File State Of Virginia Tax Power Of Attorney Form
- Electronically via the Department's online services if this option is available.
- Mailed directly to the office handling the taxpayer's account or issue.
- Submitted in person at a Virginia Department of Taxation customer service walk-in office.
- Taxpayers should always keep a copy of the filed Power of Attorney for their records. It's also critical to ensure that the information provided is accurate and complete, as it can affect future tax dealings with the state.
Fillable online Virginia Tax Power of Attorney
- Fill this form