Get your Georgia Tax Power of Attorney (Form RD-1061) in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Georgia Tax Power of Attorney?
A Georgia Tax Power of Attorney (Form RD-1061) is a legal document that allows a person or entity to appoint an agent or representative to act on their behalf regarding tax matters with the Georgia Department of Revenue. This form grants authority to the agent to access confidential tax information, communicate with the department, sign and file tax returns, and make payments or receive refunds.
How To Fill Out the Georgia Tax Power of Attorney (Form RD-1061) Online
Filling out the Georgia power of attorney form Rd 1061 online on the PDFliner website is a simple and easy process. Follow the Georgia form RD 1061 instructions below:
- Access the PDFliner website and search for the Georgia form rd 1061.
- Click on the form and start filling it out online. You can save your progress at any time and come back to it later.
- Provide the taxpayer's name, address, Social Security Number (SSN), and daytime phone number.
- Enter the agent's name, address, SSN, and daytime phone number.
- Specify the tax matters for which the agent is authorized to act. You can choose all tax matters, specific tax periods, or limited tax matters.
- Sign and date the form. If the taxpayer is a business entity, an authorized representative must sign and date the form.
- Submit the completed form online, print it out, or download it in PDF format.
What Should the Georgia Power of Attorney Tax Form Include
The Georgia Tax Power of Attorney (Form RD-1061) should include the following information:
- The taxpayer's full name, address, SSN, and daytime phone number.
- The agent's full name, address, SSN, and daytime phone number.
- The tax matters for which the agent is authorized to act, such as filing returns, making payments, and receiving refunds.
- The tax periods or years for which the agent is authorized to act.
- The duration of a power of attorney, which can be for a specific period or until revoked.
- The signatures and dates of both the taxpayer and the agent or the authorized representative of a business entity.
When to Request the Georgia Power of Attorney Tax Form
You may need to request the Rd-1061 form in the following situations:
- If you want someone else to handle your Georgia tax matters on your behalf, such as filing your tax returns, making payments, or responding to any notices or audits from the Georgia Department of Revenue.
- If you are unable to handle your tax matters personally, perhaps due to illness, disability, or absence from the state.
- If you are a business owner or representative, and you want someone else to handle your business's tax matters, such as filing sales tax returns or responding to audits.
- If you are an executor, administrator, or trustee of an estate or trust, and you need to handle the estate or trust's tax matters.
- If you are an attorney, accountant, or another professional who needs to represent a client in Georgia tax matters.
- In any of these situations, you can use Form RD-1061 to designate someone else as your representative before the Georgia Department of Revenue. This form authorizes your representative to act on your behalf and access your tax information.
Where to File Form RD-1061?
You can file Form RD-1061, the Georgia Tax Power of Attorney, in one of the following ways:
- Georgia Tax Center: You can file the form electronically through the Georgia Tax Center (GTC) system. You will need to create an account on GTC to file online.
- Online: You may visit the PDFliner website and fill out this form for free.
- Mail: You can mail the completed form to the Georgia Department of Revenue at the address provided on the form. Make sure to include any required attachments, such as a copy of your driver's license or other identification.
- Fax: You can fax the completed form to the Georgia Department of Revenue at the number provided on the form. Again, make sure to include any required attachments.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Georgia Tax Power of Attorney (Form RD-1061)