Get your USCIS Form I-9 (2019) in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a USCIS Form I 9?
USCIS Form I-9 is an Employment Eligibility Verification form used by employers in the United States to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
Employers have to fill out a form for all new hires, regardless of citizenship or national origin. Employers have to keep the form for a certain period of time and make it available for inspection upon request by the U.S. government.
How to Redact and Fill Out USCIS Form I-9 Online
To redact and fill out a USCIS Form I-9 online, you should follow these steps:
- Download USCIS form I 9 fillable pdf.
- After USCIS I 9 form downloads open it in a PDFLiner editor.
- Use the redaction tool to black out any sensitive information.
- Fill out the USCIS I 9 fillable form with the required information, including the employee's name, address, and employment eligibility information.
- Employer or Authorized representative should fill out the Employer's section with the company's information, including its name and address, and their own name and title.
- Save the completed USCIS I 9 form pdf on your computer or device.
- Print the form and have the employee sign and date it in Section 1, and the employer or authorized representative should sign and date the form in Section 2.
- Keep the I 9 form USCIS in your company records, as the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) may request to see it during an audit.
Also important to note that USCIS Form I-9 must be completed by the employer within 3 days of the employee's start date and stored for a minimum of 3 years from the date of hire or one year after the employee's separation from the company, whichever comes later.
What Should USCIS Form I 9 Include
USCIS I-9 Form should include the following information:
- Employee's full name, address, and date of birth
- Employer's name, address, and federal employer identification number (FEIN)
- Documents that the employee provides to confirm identity and employment authorization
- Both the employee and the employer should sign and date the form
When to Request a USCIS Form I-9
A form I 9 USCIS should be requested and completed by an employer for every new employee at the time of hire. The employer is responsible for ensuring the form is completed and retained for the duration of the employee's employment and for a certain period of time after the employment ends.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online USCIS Form I-9 (2019)