Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Get your Tennessee Bill of Sale in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Bill of Sale Tennessee?
The bill of sale in Tennessee is a legally recognized document that chronicles the transfer of ownership of an item or commodity from one party to another. This item could range from vehicles and boats to used electronics, among others. The document serves as a concrete receipt for the transaction, providing a written record that can be referenced in case of disputes or disagreements.
Car bill of sale Tennessee specifics
A car bill, also known as the Tennessee vehicle bill of sale, is unique to each state. Tennessee requires specific information to be included and may also dictate the type of form used. Ensuring the form or document used aligns with Tennessee legislative requirements to enforce its authenticity is important.
How to Fill Out the Vehicle Bill of Sale Tennessee
There is no mystery on how to fill out this Tennessee form. As the seller, all you need is accurate information about the vehicle, your personal details, the buyer's details, and the transaction specifics:
- Start filling out the "Buyer's Information" section of the form. You will need to enter the buyer's first name, middle initial, last name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
- Move on to the "Seller's Information" section. Input the seller's first name, middle initial, last name, their street address, city, state, and zip code.
- In the "Vehicle Description" section, you should input the date of sale, make of vehicle, model, year built, color, and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- If trade-in applies to your transaction, fill in "Trade-In" section with the make, model, year built, Vehicle Identification Number, and the color of the traded vehicle.
- In the next stage, you should enter the "Selling Price" in dollars. If there was a trade-in, you must subtract the value from the selling price and write down the "Difference" in dollars.
- The "Signature of Seller" field requires the seller's signature. To affirm their details, they should then print their name in the "Printed Name of Seller" field.
- To finalize the form, the buyer should sign the "Signature of Buyer" field, then print their name in the "Printed Name of Buyer" field.
Please remember that all information entered in the form should be accurate, as inaccurate information can result in trouble for both buyer and seller. After completing, it's suggested you download, print, and keep a copy for your records.
When to use the Tennessee motor vehicle bill of sale
Here are some instances when you might need the state of Tennessee bill of sale template:
- Buying or selling a vehicle: The foremost application of this document is in the buying or selling of a vehicle. It can act as evidence of payment and change of ownership.
- Reporting to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): The DMV requires a bill of sale when registering a vehicle, applying for a title, or updating registration records after the sale of a vehicle.
- Legal transactions: This document can help protect your legal rights and interests. It can act as proof in court if needed.
- Anticipated disputes: Should the buyer default in payments or controversy concerning the vehicle's history or condition, the form will serve as a useful reference point.
Fillable online Tennessee Bill of Sale