Get your Maine Special Warranty Deed Form in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Special Warranty Deed In Maine?
Maine special warranty deed is a legal document used in real estate transactions in Maine. This document transfers the title or ownership of the property from the seller to the buyer. Unlike a general warranty deed, a special warranty deed provides a limited warranty against defects or title issues that occurred during the seller's ownership. This means that the seller only guarantees that they have not caused any defects or issues during their ownership and not before that.
How to Write a Maine Special Warranty Deed Form
To write a Maine special warranty deed form, you should fulfill several points:
- Identify the parties involved: Begin by identifying the parties involved in the transaction. This includes the name and address of the seller and the buyer.
- Describe the property: Provide a legal description of the property being transferred, including the address and any other identifying information. The legal description should be accurate and complete.
- State the consideration: State the consideration or the amount of money being exchanged for the property. This can be in the form of a purchase price or other consideration.
- Include the granting clause: Include a granting clause that states the seller is granting the property to the buyer. This should be in the form of "I, (seller's name), hereby grant, sell, and convey to (buyer's name) the following property..."
- Include the warranty clause: Include a warranty clause that specifies the limited warranty provided by the seller. This should state that the seller guarantees that they have not caused any defects or issues during their ownership and not before that.
- Sign and notarize the deed: Once the form is complete, both parties should sign the deed in the presence of a notary public. The notary public will then notarize the document, making it legally binding.
How to Get a Warranty Deed In Maine
To get a warranty deed in Maine, follow the steps below:
- Get the form template: You can find and fill out the free Maine warranty deed form on the PDFliner website.
- Obtain the necessary information: Obtain the necessary information about the property and the parties involved in the transaction. This includes the legal description of the property, the names and addresses of the buyer and seller, and the purchase price.
- Draft the deed: Draft the warranty deed using the information obtained The deed should include the granting clause, warranty clause, and any other necessary clauses.
- Sign and notarize the deed: Both parties should sign the deed in the presence of a notary public. The notary public will then notarize the document, making it legally binding.
- Record the deed: The deed should be recorded with the appropriate county or municipal registry of deeds. This ensures that the transaction is legally recognized and the new owner's ownership is protected.
Common Uses Of Maine Special Warranty Deed Form
Here are the four common uses of a warranty deed form Maine:
- Real Estate Transactions: The most common use of a special warranty deed in Maine is in real estate transactions. This document transfers ownership of the property from the seller to the buyer while providing a limited warranty against any defects or title issues that occurred during the seller's ownership.
- Commercial Transactions: A special warranty deed can also be used in commercial transactions. It can be used to transfer ownership of a business or a commercial property while providing a limited warranty to the buyer.
- Estate Planning: Special warranty deeds can be used in estate planning to transfer property from a deceased person to their heirs or beneficiaries. This can help ensure that the property is distributed according to the deceased person's wishes.
- Loan Transactions: In some cases, lenders may require borrowers to sign a special warranty deed as part of a loan transaction. This can help protect the lender's interest in the property and ensure that the property is free from any liens or other issues.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Maine Special Warranty Deed Form