Get your Hourly Freelance Invoice Template in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Freelance Hourly Invoice?
A freelance hourly invoice is a billing document generated by a freelancer to charge their clients for the hours of work they've completed. This invoice typically includes key information such as the freelancer's contact details, client details, project or task description, hourly rate, number of hours worked, total amount due, invoice date, and any other service-specific details.
Importance of hourly freelance invoice
The hourly freelance invoice is an essential document for both freelancers and their clients. It provides freelancers with proof of work completed, promoting transparency in the business relationship. Meanwhile, clients can use it to keep track of their expenses and understand what they are being charged for.
Moreover, this document can also act as legal evidence of the freelance work performed if any dispute arises over payment. Hence, all freelancers should consider using this tool as it not only aids in financial organization but also secures their rights and interests.
How to Fill Out Freelance Hourly Invoice Template
Understanding how to fill out this invoice template correctly is crucial. Start by gathering the information you need and then follow the steps below:
- Begin by entering the invoice number and terms related to the payment in the "Details" section. Invoice No. represents a unique number you classify to each invoice while 'Terms' typically include the expected time frame for the payment.
- Proceed to the 'From' section. Here, you'll input your business's details. First, input your company's name in 'Company' box.
- Add the name of the person in your company that the client can contact if they have any queries in the 'ATTN' box.
- Input your company's address in the 'Address' box, and city in the 'City' box, and then add your state and ZIP in their respective boxes.
- Subsequently, input your business's contact phone number in the 'Phone' box and business email in the 'Email' box.
- Move to the 'Bill To' section, this is where you'll add the client's details. In the 'Company' box, input the full name of the company where you are sending the invoice.
- Put the name of the person in the client's organization who is in charge of paying invoices in the 'ATTN' box.
- Enter the client's address, city, state, and ZIP in their respective boxes. Also, input the company's contact phone number and email accordingly.
- In the 'Description' column of the 'Description, Hours, Rate($/HR), Amount ($)' section, specify the freelance services you have provided.
- Add the total hours of work provided in 'Hours' box and hourly rate in 'Rate($/HR)' box. The 'Amount ($)' will be automatically calculated based on the hours and rate entered.
- The subtotal of the services offered should be added in the 'Subtotal' box.
- If you're offering a discount, add it in the 'Discount' box. In the 'Tax / VAT' box, enter any tax or VAT that is applicable.
- The 'Total' will be calculated automatically, reflecting the sum of Subtotal, Discount, and Tax/VAT.
- If you have any additional information for the client, include it in the 'Notes' section.
Once complete, you can save the form for future reference, send it via email, or print it out from the PDFliner website.
Situation demanding a freelance hourly invoice blank
The freelance hourly invoice blank template essentially acts as your financial dashboard. It’s a handy tool used specifically when charging clients by the hour. Here are a few instances where this blank may be required:
- New Freelance Contracts: If you’ve just agreed upon a fresh hourly contract with a client, utilizing a freelance hourly invoice blank will help you keep track of your hours and payments methodically.
- Transparent Billing: If a client prefers a breakdown of the services and the corresponding time you spent on each task, supplying them with this form creates a transparent billing system.
- Organizing Finance: If you're caught up in a web of numbers and want to keep your financial logistics clean and systematic, this form proves helpful.
- Legal Support: If there is a potential disagreement about payment details, an hourly invoice blank template can serve as a factual reference document, offering legal support and mitigating disputes.
- Creating Your Professional Image: If you plan on showing your clients that you mean business and are a methodical professional, a properly filled freelance hourly invoice blank can do wonders for your image.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Hourly Freelance Invoice Template