Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Fillable Form T4A-NR
Fill this form
Get your Form T4A-NR in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is the T4A-NR Form
If you are a non-resident of Canada and you provide services in Canada, you are required to file a T4A-NR form with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). This form is used to report any fees, commissions, or other amounts paid to you for services rendered in Canada.
What is the T4A-NR form used for
The T4A-NR is used to report any amounts paid to a non-resident for services rendered in Canada, whether an individual or a corporation renders those services. This includes, but is not limited to, fees, commissions, honoraria, and amounts paid for independent personal services.
How To Fill Out the T4A-NR Form
This form must be completed and filed with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) by the end of February following the calendar year in which the income was earned.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to fill out a T4A-NR fillable form:
- Enter the date you made the payment to the recipient.
- Box 18 – this is the total of all amounts before any deductions. Include all amounts of fees, commissions, or other amounts paid. Do not include GST/HST.
- If you paid travel expenses to a non-resident for services rendered in Canada, enter the total in box 20. These expenses include air, rail, and bus fares, car expenses (including only the cost of fuel), meals, and lodging.
- In box 22, This is the income tax that was deducted from the fees, commissions or other amounts you paid to the non-resident for services rendered in Canada.
- Box 23 – Reduction authorized. The amount in this box is the total of all the reductions authorized by the payer. These reductions are generally for union dues, professional dues, or retirement savings plan contributions that the payer has agreed to deduct from the payee’s fees.
- In field 11, you must specify the recipient's code:
- 1 - individual
- 2- corporation
- 3 - other (for example, association, trust, including fiduciary-trustee, nominee, estate, or partnership)
- 4- government, government enterprise, or international organizations and agencies
- Box 24 – City and province or territory where services rendered
- If the recipient did not work in Canada for the whole taxation year, enter in box 26 the number of days during the taxation year that the recipient worked in Canada.
- Enter your country code in the 27 box.
- Box 28 – Non-resident's industry type code
- You can find your industry type code by checking the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada or by contacting the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Box 16 – Professional name (if applicable).
- Box 12 - Your social insurance number (SIN) is a 9-digit number that you need to work in Canada. You also need it to get most government programs and benefits.
- Box 13 – Account number
- Box 14 – Foreign tax identification number
How to submit the T4A-NR form
Once you have completed the T4A-NR form, you can submit it to the CRA by mail or online. If you are submitting the form online, you will need to create a CRA My Account. Once you have created an account, you can log in and submit the form electronically.
If you are submitting the form by mail, you can send it to the following address:
Canada Revenue Agency Tax Centre
9755 King George Highway
Surrey BC V3T 5E6
Government organizations that work with T4A-NR form
There are a number of government organizations in Canada that work with the CRA T4A-NR form. These organizations include the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), the Department of Employment and Social Development (ESDC), and the Canada Pension Plan (CPP).
Fillable online Form T4A-NR
- Fill this form