Get your Form I-914 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
Understanding the Form I-914
Form I-914 is used to apply for T Nonimmigrant Status, also known as a "T Visa." Here are the steps for completing the form:
- Download the I-914 immigration form.
- Carefully read the instructions and eligibility requirements provided with the form to ensure that you qualify for T Nonimmigrant Status.
- Open the form in the PDFliner editor.
- Complete all fields with the necessary information in the form.
- Gather all necessary supporting documents, such as evidence of T nonimmigrant status eligibility, and make copies of them to submit with the form.
- Submit the completed form and any supporting documents to the appropriate government agency.
- Pay the appropriate fee.
- Keep a copy of the completed form and any supporting documents for your records.
Please note that Form I-914 is only for T Nonimmigrant Status, if you are looking for another type of visa, please check the correct form.
What Should I-914 Form Include
Form I-914 is for individuals who are or have been a victim of severe trafficking in persons and meet the requirements. The form includes several sections that must be filled out, including:
- Personal Information: information about the applicant, such as name, date of birth, and contact information.
- Eligibility Information: questions about the applicant's eligibility for T Nonimmigrant Status, such as whether the applicant has been a victim of a severe form of trafficking and whether the applicant is cooperating with law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the trafficking case.
- Basis of Application: includes information about the specific trafficking case, such as the details of the trafficking, the relationship between the applicant and the trafficker, and the applicant's current immigration status.
- Supporting Evidence: a list of the types of evidence that must be submitted with the form, such as proof of identity and nationality, proof of trafficking, and proof of cooperation with law enforcement.
- Signature and Certification: a place for the applicant to sign and certify that the information provided on the form is true and correct.
It's essential to remember that Form I-914 requires specific supporting documents listed on the form and its instructions; these documents are mandatory to be submitted with the form. Be sure to read the instructions for the form and include all the required documents to avoid delays in the processing of the application.
When to request Form I-914?
You may request Form I-914 when you meet the following conditions:
- You are physically present in the United States, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, or a port-of-entry.
- You are or have been a victim of a severe form of trafficking in persons.
- You are or have been in the past, and continue to be, helpful to the authorities in the investigation or prosecution of the trafficking case.
- Your continued presence in the U.S. is necessary for the prosecution of the traffickers.
- You are admissible to the United States or you are eligible to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility.
- You have not been convicted of certain crimes, such as prostitution or other immigration violations.
Also important to note that even if you meet these requirements, you may not be granted T Nonimmigrant Status. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will review your application and decide whether to grant or deny your request.
And remember that processing time for form I-914 can take a long time, so you should start the process as soon as possible if you think you may qualify for T Nonimmigrant Status.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form I-914