Get your Cover Letter Sample High School Student in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Cover Letter Sample High School Student Form?
A cover letter is a one-page document that accompanies a resume and is sent to potential employers to introduce oneself and express interest in a job opportunity. A student portfolio cover letter sample form is a pre-designed template that provides a framework for high school students to create a cover letter.
How To Fill Out the Cover Letter Sample High School Student Online
If you are a high school student seeking a part-time job or an internship, it is essential to have a well-crafted cover letter to increase your chances of getting hired. Here are the steps to fill out the sample cover letter for high school student online:
- Get a copy of the sample: You can find and fill out the high school student cover letter sample for free on the PDFliner website.
- Begin with the appropriate heading: In the top left corner, include your name, address, phone number, and email address. In the top right corner, including the date.
- Add the recipient's details: Below the heading, write the name, title, company, and address of the person you are addressing.
- Write a salutation: Use a professional greeting such as "Dear Mr./Ms./Dr. Last Name," or "To Whom It May Concern."
- Start with an attention-grabbing opening: Start your letter with a strong opening sentence that highlights your skills, accomplishments, or interests.
- Explain why you are interested in the job: In the second paragraph, explain why you are interested in the job or the company. Research the company's website or social media pages to gather information that will help you tailor your letter to the job and the company's values.
- Highlight your skills and experience: In the third paragraph, provide examples of your skills and experience that are relevant to the job. Use bullet points to make your letter easy to read.
- Express gratitude and close the letter: In the final paragraph, thank the employer for considering your application and express your enthusiasm for the job opportunity. Use a professional closing such as "Sincerely" or "Best regards" followed by your name.
What Should the Cover Letter Sample High School Student Include
A student cover letter sample form should include the following components:
- Heading: The heading should include your name, address, phone number, and email address. The date should also be included.
- Recipient's details: The name, title, company, and address of the person you are addressing.
- Salutation: A professional greeting such as "Dear Mr./Ms./Dr. Last Name" or "To Whom It May Concern."
- Opening: An attention-grabbing sentence highlighting your skills, accomplishments, or interests.
- Interest in the job: An explanation of why you are interested in the job or the company.
- Skills and experience: Examples of your skills and experience that are relevant to the job.
- Gratitude and closing: A thank-you note expressing your enthusiasm for the job opportunity and a professional closing such as "Sincerely" or "Best regards" followed by your name.
Please remember, a cover letter sample high school student should be concise and easy to read. So, avoid using jargon or complex words that may confuse the reader.
When to Request the Cover Letter Sample High School Student Form
A cover letter sample high school student form is useful for high school students seeking part-time jobs or internships. Here are some situations when you may need to request the cover letter sample high school student form:
- Applying for a part-time job - If you are applying for a part-time job, you may need to submit a cover letter along with your resume. A cover letter sample high school student form can help you create a professional and effective cover letter.
- Applying for an internship - Many internships require applicants to submit a cover letter. A sample high school student form can help you create a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and showing your interest in the internship.
- Applying for a scholarship or college program - Some scholarships or college programs require a cover letter as part of the application process. A cover letter sample high school student form can help you create a professional and persuasive cover letter that increases your chances of being selected.
- Seeking advice from a career counselor - If you are unsure about how to create a cover letter or what to include, you can request a cover letter sample high school student form from a career counselor or a mentor. They can provide you with tips and advice on how to create an effective cover letter.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Cover Letter Sample High School Student