Get your DS-11 form in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is the DS 11 form 2022?
DS-11 form is the one that you need to fill out if you want to receive the US Passport. You have to apply this form for your first-time passport or renew it. It does not have to contain your signature. But once it is approved, you have to sign it. The latest version of the DS-11 form, which was released in 2022, includes a few changes from the previous version. The most notable change is the addition of a new question asking applicants whether they have ever been arrested or convicted of a crime. Additionally, the form now ask for the applicant's Social Security number, which was not previously required. There are also updates to a gender column. To the previous "M" and "F" options there is now available the third "X" option used to describe a gender identity that does not fit neatly into the traditional categories of male and female.
What I need the DS-11 for?
You need DS-11 form US application for passport in case:
- You want to apply for the US passport for the first time;
- You want to restore your passport after it was stolen, lost or damaged;
- You have changed your name;
- You got married;
- The expiration period is coming closer, and you need to request the new passport;
- Without a passport, you can’t open a bank account, receive credit, travel, and so on.
There is a due date of a passport application form. It is constantly changing. Each year you see the new date on the official US website.
How to Fill Out a DS 11 Form in 2022?
You have to be extremely attentive while filling out this form. The passport stays with you all your life. Make sure there are no mistakes, as they will cause numerous troubles in the future. You will need to include in the form:
- Your name: first, last and middle;
- Your sex;
- The number of your social security;
- Your date and place of birth;
- Information on how to contact you: current address and phone;
- In case you have other names, include them in the form.
The second page of the form requires information about your spouse, parents, your height, hair color, the color of your eyes. If you have upcoming travel, describe them in the form. Download DS-11 form and bring it with you.
Who can apply for US passport with fillable DS11 Form?
US passport applicants must submit a completed application for passport form, which can be obtained from the US Department of State. The applicant must also provide proof of US citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate, as well as evidence of identity, such as a driver's license or government-issued ID. So US passport with DS-11 can be applied for only by US citizen who needs a passport.
What documents do I need to apply for a passport
In order to apply for passport in USA, you will need to provide:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (for example, birth certificate);
- Proof of identity (your driver license or ID);
- A passport photo (2×2″ picture taken not later than 6 month).
Organizations that work with DS-11 U.S. Application for Passport
- Regional Agency;
- Passport Acceptance Facilities.
Video instructions with filling out DS 11 Form
Complete a Passport Application Form Online
You can fill out the DS-11 form online or print out and fill out by hand. If you fill out the form electronically, at the end of the questionnaire you will need to print the form and bring it at the time of the interview.
How long does it take to process the new passport application
The application process for a new passport can take up to 6 weeks. Once the application is received, it can take up to 4 weeks for the passport to be processed. The applicant will be notified by mail when the passport is ready for pick-up. If the applicant needs the passport sooner, they can request expedited service for an additional fee. Expedited service generally takes 2-3 weeks.
Most Common Forms for a U.S. Passport
- Renewal Application (DS-82)
- Data Corrections, Some Name Changes, and Limited-Validity Passports (DS-5504)
Forms for Special Situations
- Reporting Your Passport Lost or Stolen (DS-64)
- Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child (DS-3053)
- Statement of Special Family Circumstances (DS-5525)
- Statement You Did Not Receive Your U.S. Passport (DS-86)
U.S. Passport Application Form DS-11 Resources
DS-11 Popular Questions
Where to get DS 11 form passport application?
You can download the most recent version of the DS-11 Form (US Passport Application) on the official Department of State website. It can be quite hard to get through, especially if you’re new to dealing with such federal forms. The latest version of the form is also available on the PDFLiner website. Click the "Fill this form" button and fillable form will appear in the editor.
How to fill DS-11 form for minors?
Here are the steps to fill DS-11 for the minor:
- Enter your child’s full legal name (same as on the birth certificate);
- Provide a child’s SSN (Social Security Number);
- State true height, eye color, and hair color;
- Enter birth dates of both parents (as in the passports);
- Provide the real residential address;
- Enter at least 1 home or cell phone number;
- Give contacts and address of someone who will reply in an emergency;
- Enter issue date and number of the previous passport.
Using the PDFLiner online form filler, you can complete the form much faster and print a complete exemplar directly from the website.
Where to mail passport application DS-11?
If you are based in the US, you should submit the completed form in person or mail it to the local Department of State office. Don’t forget to attach your citizenship evidence, photo, a photocopy of ID, and fees. Contact the local DS office before submission to make sure that there are no application changes.
What happens if I send in a DS-11 instead of a DS-82 for my passport renewal?
If you haven’t paid the fee yet, you can simply send the DS-82 (Passport Renewal application) instead. If the fee for DS-11 is already paid, and the form is sent, you should contact the State Government office where you sent the form and tell about your mistake as soon as possible as there’s no form to cancel DS-11 if it has been sent properly.
What authorized agent signs DS-11?
The d11 form for passport can be signed only by the applicant and taken to the interview stage or sent directly to the state government office. When you are receiving your passport, you cannot sign the acceptance form without being witnessed by an authorized acceptance agent.
Hear What PDFLiner Users Have to Say & Join Them Today
I have been using PDFLiner for a long time in my work to create editable PDF files. It turned out that this service is useful for personal use as well. I recently needed to file a DS-11 to get my passport. I found a fillable DS-11 in the library on the website, filled it out, and submitted it electronically to the Department of State.
PDFLiner became a real salvation for me when I needed to get a passport for my newborn baby. It's great that I can fill out the DS-11 form, download it, and even send it by email directly on the website. Now I use this service to fill out and submit tax forms and other official documents.
For me, working with a heap of official papers has always been a headache. To obtain US citizenship, I had to submit many documents, among which was DS-11. I was glad I found the fillable and printable form I needed on the PDFLiner, as well as other PDF templates that will definitely come in handy in the future. With this service, I saved a lot of time.