Printable blank Form I-864 - Affidavit of Support
What is form I-864?
Affidavit of Support or I-864 is required by most family immigrants and some prospective employment-based immigrants to demonstrate that they have adequate financial support and are unlikely to become a public charge. The sponsor fills out the I-864 on behalf of the future immigrant.
What I need the I-864 for?
This is a contract between the sponsor and the US government. The sponsor promises to support the future immigrant if he or she is not able to do it on their own. I-864 is only one of the documents that must be submitted when applying for a visa or residence. The form is usually accompanied by standard forms of immigration (DS-260, DS-160, etc.).
When sending I-864, a person should include:
- Copy of your individual federal tax return (including W-2s for the last tax year);
- Confirmation describing why you were not obligated to file.
Filling out the I-864 form
- Reason for submitting the application;
- Information about the immigrant;
- Sponsor information;
- Sponsor’s household details;
- The information about the sponsor’s employment and income;
- Asset declaration option in addition to income;
- Contract, statement, contact information and sponsor signature;
- Interpreter’s agreement, application, contact information, and signature;
- If the person preparing the Affidavit is not a sponsor, then in section 10 this person must provide contact information, a statement, and a signature;
- Any additional information.
Organizations that work with I-864
- National Visa Center
- Department of Homeland Security
Hear What PDFLiner Users Have to Say & Join Them Today
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!