Get your Bill of Sale for Real Estate in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
Bill of Sale for Real Estate: Overview
A real estate bill of sale is a written document that acknowledges the property's ownership transfer from a seller to a buyer. It acts as a legal record of the transaction, proving that the buyer has obtained the title to the property. This document becomes necessary when dealing with future disputes or claims involving the property.
Key components of a real estate bill of sale for personal property
A free printable bill of sale for real estate should include the following elements to ensure that it accurately captures the specifics of the transaction:
- Seller and Buyer Information: The full names, contact details, and legal addresses of the parties involved should be included.
- Property Description: A detailed description of the sold property, including its physical address, legal description, and any fixtures or appliances included.
- Purchase Price: The agreed-upon price that the buyer will pay for the property.
- Date of Sale: The date the transaction took place.
- Signatures: Both the buyer and the seller should sign the document acknowledging the terms of the sale.
- Notarization: To make the document legally binding, a notary public should witness and confirm the authenticity of the signatures.
How to Fill Out the Real Estate Bill of Sale Template
To properly fill out a bill of sale for real estate, follow these simple steps:
- Start by filling out the "Seller" section. Click on the blank line next to "Seller" and type in the full name of the person or entity selling the property.
- Fill in the next section for the seller by clicking on the blank line next to it, and type in the city and state where the seller is located.
- Continue by clicking on the blank line next to "Buyer" and typing in the full name of the person or entity buying the property.
- In the "City and State" section for the buyer, click on the blank line next to it and type where the buyer is located in the city and state.
- Enter the date of the signed contract in the corresponding blank space. You may click the calendar icon next to the field to choose the date or simply type it in.
- Scroll down to the signature section. The seller should use their mouse or a touchscreen device to draw their signature in the signature box provided. Alternatively, the seller can upload a saved image of their signature.
- Move on to the next section and let the buyer provide their signature on the form.
- In the "Notary Public" box, type in the name of the notary public who will witness and authenticate the signatures on the form.
- The notary public will provide their signature in the designated signature box, just as the seller and buyer did earlier.
- Once the form is completely filled out, you may save the completed form as a PDF or JPG file.
Also, you may use PDFliner to share a sales document or send it electronically for another party to sign. The completed and signed form should be stored safely for legal purposes.
How do you write a bill of sale for real estate?
Writing this e-form involves collecting and organizing the necessary information about the property and the parties involved in the transaction. Follow these key points to write a real estate bill of sale successfully:
- Prepare the necessary details, including the seller's and buyer's personal information, purchase price, and property description.
- Use a template or create one yourself, ensuring it includes all relevant components listed above.
- Review the document with all parties involved, ensuring every detail is correct and accurate.
- Sign the document in the presence of a notary public to ensure its legal validity.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Bill of Sale for Real Estate