Get your Safe Work Method Statement in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)?
An AU SWMS Form is a document that is used to ensure the safety of workers on a job site. It stands for "Safe Work Method Statement" and is commonly used in Australia to outline the steps that need to be taken in order to complete a task safely. This document is a legal requirement for many jobs and is used to ensure that employers are taking the necessary steps to protect their workers.
How To Fill Out a SWMS Form?
Filling out the AU safe work method statement pdf form online is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you ought to follow:
- Visit the PDFliner: PDFliner site provides a wide variety of different form templates for different situations and also a blank SWMS.
- Get a copy of the form: You can find and fill out the safe work method statement template form for free on the PDFliner website.
- Identify the task: Identify the task that needs to be completed and create a title for the SWMS form. This title should be specific to the task at hand and should clearly identify what the task is.
- Identify the hazards: Identify any hazards that may be present during the task. This can include anything from hazardous materials to environmental factors.
- Determine the risk level: Determine the risk level associated with each hazard. This can be done by assessing the likelihood of the hazard occurring and the severity of the potential consequences.
- Determine control measures: Determine the control measures that will be put in place to mitigate the risks associated with each hazard. This can include things like protective equipment or specific procedures that need to be followed.
- Review and finalize: Review the completed SWMS form to ensure that it is accurate and complete. Once it has been reviewed, it can be finalized and submitted.
What Should the Safe Work Method Statement Template Include
The AU SWMS template form should include a number of important elements to ensure that it is effective in protecting workers. Here are some points that should be included:
- The title of the task being performed
- The date the form was created and any subsequent revisions
- A description of the task and any potential hazards associated with it
- The level of risk associated with each hazard
- The control measures that will be put in place to mitigate the risks associated with each hazard
- The names and signatures of those responsible for creating and approving the SWMS form
- The date the SWMS form was approved
Also, you may add any additional notes or comments that may be relevant to the task or the safe work method statement nsw form.
When to Request the AU SWMS Form
The following are some situations when an AU SWMS form should be requested:
- Construction work
- Handling hazardous materials
- Working at heights
- Operating heavy machinery or equipment
- Working in confined spaces
- Electrical work
- Demolition work
- Excavation work
- Working with or around chemicals
- Working with or around asbestos
- Performing hot work (welding, grinding, etc.)
- Performing manual handling tasks
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Working in extreme weather conditions
- Working with or around animals
- Working with or around high-pressure systems
- Working with or around radiation
- Working with or around biological hazards
- Working with or around noise or vibration hazards.
It is important to note that this is not an exhaustive list and that any task that has the potential to be hazardous should have an associated AU SWMS Form.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Safe Work Method Statement