Get your Arizona Tax Extension Form 204 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is Arizona State Tax Form 204?
Form 204 is a tax extension form specifically for Arizona State filing purposes. Individuals and businesses that require additional time to prepare their income tax returns can submit this form to the Arizona Department of Revenue. By submitting Arizona Tax Form 204, taxpayers can request a six-month extension to file their individual and corporate income tax returns.
When to file form 204 Arizona
Taxpayers should file form 204 before the original due date of the income tax return, which is usually April 15th for individuals and March 15th for corporations. It's essential to submit the Arizona 204 form on-time to avoid penalties and late fees. Keep in mind that the extension only applies to the filing of the tax return itself and not to the payment of any taxes due. If you expect to owe taxes, be sure to pay the outstanding balance by the original due date.
How to Fill Out the Arizona Tax Form 204
To properly complete the Arizona 204 form, please follow these steps:
- Start by entering your personal information in the 'Taxpayer's Information' section. Fill your first name, middle initial, last name, and Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) in the designated fields.
- In the 'Mailing Address' section, provide your primary residence address, including street number, city, state, and ZIP code. Don't forget to include your apartment or suite number if applicable.
- Choose one of the boxes: 'Individual Calendar Year Filers' or 'Individual Fiscal Year Filers'.
- In the 'Tax Liability for 2022' field, enter your estimated tax liability for the year. You may estimate this amount based on your income, deductions, and credits.
- Fill in the 'Arizona Income Tax Withheld During 2022' field with the total amount of state income tax that has already been withheld from your salary or other income sources throughout the year.
- Enter the total of your 'Arizona Estimated Tax Payments for 2022' in the appropriate field. This should include all estimated tax payments you have made during 2022.
- In the 'Credits You Will Claim on Your 2022 Return' field, enter the total amount of nonrefundable tax credits you expect to claim on your Arizona tax return. Refer to Arizona form 301 for a list of available credits.
- Calculate the 'Balance of Tax' by subtracting the sum of the tax withheld, estimated tax payments, and credits from your estimated tax liability. Enter this amount in the designated field.
- In the 'Enter Amount of Payment Enclosed with this Extension' field, indicate the amount of payment you include with form 204 to cover your outstanding tax balance. This amount should equal or exceed the 'Balance of Tax' to avoid penalties and interest.
- Double-check all information entered on the form for accuracy, and you may print or share it.
Additional tips on Arizona form 204
This Arizona tax form is crucial in ensuring a hassle-free process when filing for a tax extension. Here are some additional tips and things to keep in mind when working with form 204 Arizona:
- Extension period: By submitting the Arizona tax form 204, you'll receive a six-month extension to file your state income tax return. However, it's essential to remember that this extension does not provide extra time to pay your taxes, just more time to file the paperwork.
- Electronic filing: The Arizona Department of Revenue allows electronic filing of form 204 for an efficient and paperless way of submitting your extension request. Electronic filing can be done through the Arizona Department of Revenue's website or through their authorized eFile vendors.
- Keep a copy for your records: Always make sure to keep a copy of your completed 204 form for your records. This documentation is handy if there are any questions or discrepancies regarding the tax extension.
- Penalty and interest: To avoid penalties and interest charges, it's crucial to pay your Arizona state taxes on time. Even with an approved extension to file your tax return, any tax balance due is required to be paid by the original deadline. Late payment penalties and interest charges may be applied if the taxes owed are not paid by the due date.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Arizona Tax Extension Form 204