Get your Veterinary Invoice Template in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Veterinary Invoice?
An integral tool for any veterinary practice, a veterinary invoice is a standardized form that provides detailed information regarding rendered services and products for pets or animals. This document is very useful both for the practitioner and the pet owner. The practitioner can keep track of treatments and services given to each pet, and pet owners understand exactly what treatments their pets have received and for what they are being charged.
Essence of a veterinary invoice
A veterinary invoice constitutes an official document provided by veterinarians after offering services or selling products. This document details the services provided, products purchased, and the corresponding charges. It also proves useful for record-keeping, tracing payments, and filing taxes.
Depending on your practice and clients, a sample veterinary invoice can be printed and handed over in person or digitally sent via email. The aim is to ensure accurate, clear, and prompt communication of the charges to the client.
How to Fill Out the Veterinary Invoice Template
The process of completing this veterinary form template is important for accurate invoicing. So, here are the main steps:
- Start by clicking on the 'Company' section of the form and enter the full legal name of your veterinary practice.
- Move on to the 'Street Address' section directly below 'Name', inputting the full street address of your practice.
- Following the 'Street Address' section, fill out 'City', 'State', and 'Zip Code' with the respective information about your veterinary practice's location.
- Populate the 'Email' and 'Phone' sections with your business's active contact details.
- Navigate to the right and locate the 'Invoice #' and 'Date' sections. Input the invoice number and the current date respectively.
- Underneath these, identify the 'Client/Customer' section. Fill in client's 'Name', 'Street Address', 'City', 'State', and 'Zip Code' respectively.
- Now, move to the 'Products(Materials)' section. Here, denote the 'Description' of each item used, the 'Quantity', and the price per unit under '$/Unit'. Once you've filled out these details, the 'Amount' for each product should auto-calculate.
- Add labor costs under the 'Labor' section. Enter the 'Description' of the service, the 'Hours' it took, and the rate per hour under '$/Hour'. Once these details are inputted, the 'Amount' for labor will get auto-filled.
- Now, identify the 'Subtotal' box in the lower right part of the form. This should automatically display the sum of all the goods and services provided.
- If you offered any 'Discount', enter this in the next box and the form will automatically subtract it from the subtotal.
- Below the 'Discount', input the 'Tax' percentage or amount. The form will auto-calculate the total tax and add it to the subtotal.
- The 'Total' box will automatically populate with the final amount due after adding taxes and subtracting any discounts from the subtotal.
- If there are any 'Comments or Special Instructions', fill them into the space provided.
- Indicate the 'Payment Due' date – this is when you expect to receive payment for the services rendered.
- Finally, consider saving a copy of the voice veterinary invoice form for your records.
Looking at a sample veterinary invoice
To fully understand how to complete your veterinary invoice, you can consider looking at a sample veterinary invoice. This sample will provide you with a clear picture of how completed invoices look like. Also, it gives you an idea of where to input each piece of information and guides you in properly calculating the total cost. Different clinics may have different additional fields according to their needs but, generally, they all follow the basic prescription.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Veterinary Invoice Template