Get your Proforma Invoice Template in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is Proforma Invoice Template?
A Proforma invoice is an official record of the purchase operation that ensures both parties that the transaction was made and covers all the details of the sale. This document is a legal bond between the seller and buyer. This template contains the list of items the client bought and the costs of these items.
However, this form can’t always be accepted as the final document since the prices may change based on the cost of shipping, changes in taxes, or any other unpredictable circumstances. In this case, the seller has to inform the buyer about such a possibility of change in advance. The client must also be aware of the range of prices.
Buyers can keep a Proforma invoice template from the seller to prove that the transaction was made. The form can’t be filled out by the client. However, the final agreement can still be changed during the trading process. This template contains the description of the service that was provided and the original price that was paid.
What I need the Proforma invoice template for?
- As a seller, you have to fill in the blank Proforma invoice template and send it to the buyer to make sure that the information on the price, transaction, and details on the product are recorded. You can also include taxes and the transportation price that can be paid once the product is delivered or must be paid in advance;
- As a buyer, you receive a Proforma invoice PDF from the seller. You can’t fill out the invoice yourself, but you may ask the seller about the form once the transaction is made. It is legal proof that you’ve paid for the product, even if you need to add money for the transportation.
How to Fill Out Proforma Invoice Template?
Before you fill anything, learn the difference between a Proforma invoice vs commercial invoice. You must understand that, unlike the commercial invoice, this document can’t be counted as the final and only confirms the previous steps that were made. As a customer, you don’t need to fill the blank. As a seller, you have to be specific about the details and the steps that were taken.
You will find the document on PDFLiner and will be able to fill in the empty sections of the template while you are still online. Once you are done, save the document on your device and send the copy to the buyer. The buyer has to save it as well. Here is what you need to include there:
- Provide information about the company, including the address, phone number the company can be reached at immediately, fax, and website or social media;
- Provide information on the client, including name, address, date, number of invoices, the ID of the customer, and phone number;
- Underline the estimated price in total;
- Share the information about the product, including quantity, description, price for the unit, and the total amount;
- Provide data on the shipping and the total price for all products if you sell several of them;
- Provide information on the labor if you sell the services, including the hours, description, price per house, and total amount;
- Calculate the total labor, subtotal, and taxes;
- Include the deadline for the total payment;
- Provide comments if you need them.
Organizations that work with Proforma invoice template
- Buyers and sellers around the country.
What does a Proforma invoice mean?
This document is widely used by sellers who provide their products to clients online. The template also calculates the taxes and the shipment if it is required. This is not the final receipt, and the total amount can still be changed based on the taxes or difficulty of transportation. The document records the first transition of money and describes the product or services. It also informs the client of the deadline for the payment. The buyer can’t fill out the document and has to wait till the seller sends it or gives it in person. To finalize the transaction, you have to send the receipt with the final price.
How to create a Proforma invoice?
Normally you don’t need to create the document by yourself. There is a standard template that you can fill with your own numbers and prices for the products or services you provide. However, some companies or business owners prefer to create such templates specifically for their stores. In this case, you can also use PDFLiner and start with the empty blank. You will need to make a table with the product description, price, quantity, taxes, and shipping details. It is better to include the address and the name of the company you represent and the details of the client. You can add your logo.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Proforma Invoice Template