IRS Form 14039
Get your IRS Form 14039 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is 14039 IRS Form?
The IRS Form 14039 online is a simple two-page document that every US taxpayer, regardless of citizenship, can use in the event of identity theft or suspected identity theft. Also, you’ll need to attach a completed tax return to verify your personal data and deal with tax-related problems.
What do I need the IRS Identity Form 14039 for?
- Use it to notify the tax office of your data being stolen or suspected identity theft.
- The most obvious way to reveal it is to try e-file Form 1040. In case of theft, the system will not let you complete the procedure.
- Often, the IRS detects fraud cases and sends an information letter to taxpayers. After that, you need not only to send the IRS Form 14039 Identity Theft Affidavit but also to prove your identity online.
How to Fill Out IRS Form 14039?
- Answer the questions on whose behalf you complete this file. Follow the guidelines next to each line depending on your answer.
- Specify what data you think was stolen and describe the problem as you see it.
- Fill in your (or your dependent's) personal and contact info and include the details of the last Form 1040 submitted to the IRS.
- Sign the file to confirm that all statements and information in the document are correct.
- The following sections of the IRS Form 14039 printable should only be completed if you use it on behalf of another individual. Indicate the responsible person and why the taxpayer cannot complete the paper themselves.
Organizations that work with 14039 Tax Form
2020 Fillable Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit (2020) Fill Out Form
Where to mail Form 14039?
Send the completed document to the return address if you received an identity theft notification. If you suspect that scammers might have stolen the SSN, the IRS Form 14039 fillable should be submitted to the place where you usually send Form 1040. In all other cases, use the address: Department of the Treasury, IRS, Fresno, CA 93888- 0025.
Where do I fax IRS Form 14039?
When filling out the file after receiving a message from the IRS, use the fax number indicated in the letter. If there is no such info, the mail should contain instructions for submitting the application. If there are no specific guidelines, you can use this number: 855-807-5720.
How to get IRS form 14039?
You can find IRS Form 14039 PDF template in our collection. You can enter the data on the file directly on the site and print it out for submission to the tax service. Also, the document is available for free on the official website of the IRS.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online IRS Form 14039