Get your Form IA W-4 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is an IA W 4 Form?
Also known as Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate, it’s a form used for claiming exemption from income withholding for Iowa residents. If you reside outside Iowa, you’re allowed not to claim this exemption. Here on PDFLiner, you can find a pre-designed template of this form, along with instructions and the possibility to fill it out digitally in the fastest way possible.
What Do I Need the IA W-4 Form For?
The form consists of two parts. The first part (also referred to as Centralized Employee Registry Reporting Form) is used by employers in Iowa who hire or rehire employees for:
- reporting those employees to a central registry;
- helping state’s child support agencies pinpoint parents who owe support and stimulating support payment via income withholding.
The second part, known as Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate, is utilized for claiming exemption from withholding if you’re a resident of The Hawkeye State and the following circumstances apply:
- for 2018 you had a right to a refund of all Iowa income tax withheld because you had no tax liability;
- for 2019 you expect a refund of all Iowa income tax withheld because you expect to have no tax liability.
How to Fill Out the IA W-4 2022
The document features two pages. Start by reading the instructions on the second nonfillable page of the form. When you study them, switch to the fillable first page. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to fill out both aforementioned parts of the form:
- As an employer, indicate your phone number and FEIN.
- Type your name and full address.
- Answer questions concerning the following issues:
- dependent health coverage availability;
- approximate date the employee qualifies for coverage;
- employee start date;
- address where income withholding should be sent.
- Indicate the following employee information:
- date of birth;
- social security number;
- full name;
- contact information.
- As an employee, specify the following information:
- marital status;
- full name and contact information;
- current date;
- your signature.
If you’re not feeling too confident about filling out this form correctly, feel free to seek professional help in this respect. Make the most of the template of the IA W-4 form and equip yourself with handy PDFLiner instruments if you want to complete the form under your own steam. Our service was designed to make document management a breeze for you.
Organizations That Work With the Form
- Iowa Department of Revenue
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form IA W-4