Get your General Patient Consent in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is General Patient Consent?
General Patient Consent is a form that healthcare providers use to obtain a patient's permission before providing medical treatment or procedures. The form is designed to inform the patient of the risks, benefits, and alternatives of the procedure and to obtain their consent to proceed. It may also include information about the patient's rights and the healthcare provider's responsibilities.
How to Redact and Fill Out General Patient Consent Online
Here are the steps you should take to redact and fill out a General Patient Consent form online:
- Obtain the General Patient Consent form template
- Use a redaction tool or software, or physically cover sensitive information, such as your personal identification number, credit card numbers, or other personal information, with a black pen or marker.
- Fill out the general patient consent form completely and accurately, providing the requested information such as your name, address, and the details of the medical procedure or treatment you are consenting to
- Review the medical patient consent form template to ensure that all the information is correct and complete
- Submit the form online to your healthcare provider using a secure electronic signature service
- Keep a copy of the form and any attachments for your records
- Contact your healthcare provider if you have any questions or need assistance with the process
Also, remember to peruse and understand the form before signing it and make sure you agree with the terms of the consent.
What Should General Patient Consent Include
A General Patient Consent form should include the following information:
- Personal information such as the patient's name, address, and contact information
- The details of the medical procedure or treatment being consented to, including the risks, benefits, and alternatives of the procedure
- Any potential complications or risks associated with the procedure
- Information about the patient's rights and the healthcare provider's responsibilities
- A section for the patient to sign, indicating that they have read and understood the information provided and have agreed to the procedure
- Date of the form
When to Request a Form General Patient Consent
You will normally receive the form prior to the procedure, and you must fill it out and sign it as a sign of consent to the procedure. Remember, if you have any questions about the process of signing a General Patient Consent form or if you need assistance with obtaining one, you should contact your healthcare provider for more information.
General Patient Consent Form Popular Questions
What are the 4 types of consent in healthcare?
In healthcare, there are four types of consent:
- Informed consent;
- Implied consent;
- Expressed consent;
- Emergency consent.
Informed consent refers to the process of providing a patient with information about a medical treatment or procedure, including the risks, benefits, and alternatives, and obtaining their agreement to proceed. Implied consent is inferred from a patient's actions or behavior rather than being explicitly given, for example, a patient who comes to the hospital with a broken arm is considered to have given implied consent.
Expressed consent is given explicitly by the patient, usually in writing. Emergency consent is given in emergency situations when the patient is unable to provide consent, such as when they are unconscious or incapacitated.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online General Patient Consent