Get your General Contractor Invoice Template in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is a contractor invoice form?
A general contractor invoice template is a blank that independent contractors can use to issue invoices to their employers. This template is versatile and suitable for any work. Typically, such documents do not require additional papers under a concluded agreement.
What do I need the invoice contractor form for?
- If you are an independent contractor, you’re not paid for your work as a full-time employee.
- A contractor invoice template PDF is used for your work to be properly paid.
- If you provide services to several clients at once, templates speed up the invoicing process and unify your documentation.
- In some countries, invoices are an obligatory part of client and contractor relationships.
- You should not use a blank contractor invoice if you have official employment.
How to Fill Out the Template for Contractor Invoice?
- Provide information about the participating parties: names, registration addresses, email addresses, contact phone numbers, etc. Also, enter the type of contracting according to the contract.
- Fill in the contractor invoice PDF with data on the work done: names of services, their period, hourly rate, number of hours spent, and amount. Calculate the total amounts excluding and including tax.
- Specify the schedule according to which payments should be made to you. This item should be pre-established in the contract.
- Enter the issue date and put your signature. Submit the document to the payer for verification. Once they verify that the data is correct, they must also sign.
How to Invoice as a Contractor?
- Since you run documentation on your own, you should be aware of the governing laws that apply to your industry. It’s vital if you run an international business because you need to enter the correct taxes in the invoice contractor template.
- Fill in documents correctly. Regardless of which country you do business in, there are some essentials that you should include anyway:
- document unique number and creation date;
- information about clients;
- your business details;
- a detailed description of the work performed;
- your rate, taxes, fees, and total payable;
- available payment methods and the deadline for payment.
- When completing the printable contractor invoice template, consider it from the client’s perspective. If you need to clarify any details, supplement the document with comments and tips.
Organizations that work with the invoice for contractor
- Any businesses
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online General Contractor Invoice Template