Get your Form I-929 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
How to Redact and Fill Out Form I-929 Online
To redact and fill out this form online, you should follow the form I-929 requirements:
- Obtain a digital copy of immigration form I 929.
- Open the form in a PDFLiner editor to redact the text.
- Fill in all fields of the I-929 immigration form with the appropriate information, such as your name, address, and contact information, as well as the information of the U.S. citizen or permanent resident petitioner and the information of the beneficiary.
- Save the form on your computer or device, making sure to keep a backup copy.
- Submit the I-929 form online through the website of USCIS or by mail to the appropriate address.
What Should Form I-929 Include
Form I 929, Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U Nonimmigrant, is used by certain family members of U nonimmigrants to apply for a U nonimmigrant status. Form I-929 should typically include the following information:
- Personal information of the petitioner, including the name, address, and contact information
- Personal information of the beneficiary, including the name, address, and contact information
- Relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary
- Explanation of how the beneficiary qualifies for U nonimmigrant status as a qualifying family member
- Signature of the petitioner and the date of signature
- Additional evidence for form i-929 such as proof of relationship, proof of income, and any other document that the USCIS may require
When to Request a Form I-929
Form I-929 should be requested and filled out when a family member of a U nonimmigrant wishes to apply for U nonimmigrant status. U nonimmigrants are individuals who have been victims of certain crimes and have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse as a result of such crimes and are willing to assist in the investigation or prosecution of such crimes.
Form I-929 Popular Questions
Do you need a waiver filing form I-929?
A waiver may not be required for Form I-929, but there are some exceptions. Some grounds of inadmissibility may apply to the qualifying family members of U nonimmigrants and may require the filing of Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility. Examples of grounds of inadmissibility that may apply to U nonimmigrant family members include:
- prior immigration violations
- certain criminal convictions
- health-related grounds
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form I-929