Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Form 843, Claim for Refund and Request for Abatement
Fill this form
Get your Form 843, Claim for Refund and Request for Abatement in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is IRS Form 843?
The 843 Abatement Form is a one-page application to reduce or refund certain fees, interests, taxes, and other penalties that you believe have been erroneously or incorrectly assessed to you. A separate Form 843 should be completed for every tax/fee and tax year.
What do I need the Tax Form 843 for?
- If you believe that the IRS has charged you any tax or fee in error, you can request a reduction or refund in accordance with the true state of affairs.
- IRS Form 843 PDF should only be used to clarify a situation due to the tax office's error.
- If you entered incorrect information on one of your forms, for instance, filled out Form 1040 with errors, you should use the appropriate amendment forms, not 843.
How to Fill Out Form 843 IRS?
- Fill in your name and SSN, as well as your spouse's name and SSN (if you filed a joint return), residential address, EIN, and contact phone number.
- Specify the tax period and the amount you want to refund or reduce. Choose from the offered options the type of fee that suits your situation.
- If you have been charged penalties, indicate their type and enter the dates of your payments.
- Select the form that is related to your issue.
- Briefly explain why you think you were charged fees and taxes incorrectly.
- Indicate the date of filling out this form and put your signature. If you listed your spouse, they must also sign the document.
Where to send Form 843?
If you received a notification letter from the IRS regarding fees related to income, gifts, real estate, etc., mail this form to the sender's return address. If you received what is known as Letter 4658 or 5067C, you need to send the form to IRS, Mail Stop 4921 BPDF, 1973 N. Rulon White Blvd., Ogden, UT, 84201. In any other situation, you should submit the completed form to the service center where you sent your most recent tax return. You can find detailed instructions and addresses on the IRS website. A mail sent to the wrong address will be returned to you.
Organizations that work with the Abatement Form 843
Fillable online Form 843, Claim for Refund and Request for Abatement
- Fill this form