Get your Form 843, Claim for Refund and Request for Abatement in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is IRS Form 843?
The 843 Abatement Form is a one-page application to reduce or refund certain fees, interests, taxes, and other penalties that you believe have been erroneously or incorrectly assessed to you. A separate Form 843 should be completed for every tax/fee and tax year.
What do I need the Tax Form 843 for?
- If you believe that the IRS has charged you any tax or fee in error, you can request a reduction or refund in accordance with the true state of affairs.
- IRS Form 843 PDF should only be used to clarify a situation due to the tax office's error.
- If you entered incorrect information on one of your forms, for instance, filled out Form 1040 with errors, you should use the appropriate amendment forms, not 843.
How to Fill Out Form 843 IRS?
- Fill in your name and SSN, as well as your spouse's name and SSN (if you filed a joint return), residential address, EIN, and contact phone number.
- Specify the tax period and the amount you want to refund or reduce. Choose from the offered options the type of fee that suits your situation.
- If you have been charged penalties, indicate their type and enter the dates of your payments.
- Select the form that is related to your issue.
- Briefly explain why you think you were charged fees and taxes incorrectly.
- Indicate the date of filling out this form and put your signature. If you listed your spouse, they must also sign the document.
Where to send Form 843?
If you received a notification letter from the IRS regarding fees related to income, gifts, real estate, etc., mail this form to the sender's return address. If you received what is known as Letter 4658 or 5067C, you need to send the form to IRS, Mail Stop 4921 BPDF, 1973 N. Rulon White Blvd., Ogden, UT, 84201. In any other situation, you should submit the completed form to the service center where you sent your most recent tax return. You can find detailed instructions and addresses on the IRS website. A mail sent to the wrong address will be returned to you.
Organizations that work with the Abatement Form 843
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form 843, Claim for Refund and Request for Abatement