Get your Form 5500-EZ in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is Form 5500 EZ?
The form 5500 EZ is also known as the annual return of A One-Participant (Owners/ partners. and Their Spouses) Retirement Plan or A Foreign Plan. This document was created by the Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service which also collects it from taxpayers.
You have to make sure that you need this blank since it is required in section 6058(a) of the Internal Revenue Code. If this is not the case, you have to pick another option for you. However, pay attention to the fact that some foreign plans for retirement require the form.
If you don’t know what is form 5500 EZ, don’t worry, you will quickly learn. This is the yearly report about the planned activity that is demanded by the IRS and must be made for the one-participant plan 401(k). The plans that must be disclosed usually contain details from the IRS, Department of Labor, and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. The form has its own strict deadline.
What Do I Need the Form 5500 EZ For?
- You can use form 5500-EZ as a part of a one-participant plan that is not part of the Internal Revenue Code requirements section 104(a) of the ERISA act from 1974. You can’t be eligible or you don’t file form 5500-SF electronically, which is the Short Form Annual Return/Report of Small Employee Benefit Plan;
- The IRS 5500 EZ form must be filed by the administrators of the one-participant plan as the obligation of the yearly reporting. It is made for the owner of the business or for the partnership. Administrators fill the form to the IRS;
- If you have not one but several plans that together reach $250,000 total assets amount, you don’t need to file the IRS form 5500-EZ during the year.
How to Fill Out Form 5500 EZ?
The tax form 5500 EZ was created to ease the life of taxpayers. However, some of them still find it complicated. Even though there are detailed tips on how to fill each section, you still need some time to figure out what you need to calculate and where you need to mention the number. You will find the guide on the IRS official website, as well as PDFLiner, where you can also fill out the form online.
PDFLiner offers all the tools you need to quickly complete the document and send it to the IRS electronically. You may save it on your device and print it too. Before you begin to write anything there, make sure that the year indicated on it matches the year you need. Now, follow these detailed 5500 EZ form instructions:
- Write down the year, day, and month of your report;
- Pick the box that matches your return type and put the tick inside it. Provide information on the return in sections A, B, C, D, and E;
- Share details of the basic plan. You have to name the plan you have and describe the number of the plant, and the date of the plant. Include information on the employer, business, and address. Name the administrator and EIN. Indicate the number of participants;
- Describe the general financial information for the year, employers, and participants;
- Name the feature code in plan characteristics, using the standard List of Codes from the instructions to the document;
- Answer the funding and compliance questions;
- Put your signature and the date.
Organizations That Work With Form 5500 EZ
- Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form 5500-EZ