Get your Form 2210 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
1. What is a 2210 Form?
The IRS Form 2210 (Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and Trusts) is a federal tax form (not for business) that is used for checking out the presence of penalties for estimated tax underpayments. It also lets you figure out the penalty size if you have it. The form can be attached to your forms 1040, 1040-SR, 1040-NR, 1040-NR-EZ, or 1041, but it doesn’t have to be followed by them.
2. What I need the 2210 Form for?
- Get the fillable Form 2210 to figure out whether you owe a penalty for underpaying your estimated tax or not;
- File this form to know your penalty amount and to become able to pay it off.
- Don’t file this form if line 7 is below $1,000, line 6 is equal or exceeds line 9, and if boxes A and E or no boxes in Part II apply to your situation. The IRS will calculate and submit your penalty size in this case.
3. How to fill out Form 2210?
- Read the table of rules attentively and do all the offered calculations to figure out if you need to file this form or not;
- Part I – complete all the lines to calculate your required annual payment size;
- Part II – check the boxes that describe your reasons for filling the best. Stop filling if none of them match your case;
- Part III – select which method (short or regular) is of the best use for you;
- Part IV – calculate your underpayment and penalty for the regular method;
- Schedule AI – fill Parts I and II if you need the Annualized Income Installment Method.
You can use PDFLiner services to download Form 2210 PDF for free or fill it out online and print/download a complete blank.
4. Organizations that work with Form 2210
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
2019 Fillable Form 2210 (2019) Fill Out Form
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form 2210