Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Get your Form 1042-S in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is Form 1042-S?
IRS Form 1042-S, namely Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding, serves to report the amounts a US-based institution or business has paid to foreigners, including individuals presumed to be foreign. It is used even in case no amount has been withheld from the payment due to a taxation exception or treaty.
What do I need the 1042-S tax form for?
- To report the amounts deducted under Chapters 3 or 4 and those withheld that were repaid to the payee further;
- If you are not a resident of the U.S. but get income from any American-based source, including passive sources like the Internet;
- If you get a non-qualified taxable scholarship, you also need to submit Form 1042-S 2022 version.
Organizations that work with Form 1042-S
- The IRS.
Related to Form 1042-S Documents
How to fill out Form 1042-S?
- Press the blue button on this page to get a fillable form template and complete it online.
- Leave your income code that classifies the payment in Section 1 of the blank.
- Indicate the total amount of gross income paid to the recipient in Box 2.
- Study the list of the required income codes (16, 17, 18, 19, 20, or 42) in Field 5, which is for withholding allowance.
- If Boxes 10 and 7a both show $0, you don’t need to file the form with the IRS.
- Enter the code of the country you reside in Section 12f.
- Provide the recipient status code in Boxes 13f or 13g.
- Fields from 17a to 17c determine any state income tax deducted.
- Specify the state tax number of the payer in Box 17b.
- Provide the state name in Box 17c.
- Click the Done button and download a printable PDF file on your device.
Fillable online Form 1042-S