Get your Form 1040-V in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
How to Redact and Fill Out Form 1040-V Online?
Form 1040-V is a payment voucher you can use to send a payment with your Form 1040, Form 1040-SR, or Form 1040-NR. To redact and fill out IRS form 1040 v 2020 online, you should follow these steps:
- Go to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website and download a copy of 1040-v payment voucher 2020.
- Open form 1040-v 2020 in a PDF editor, like PDFliner or Adobe Acrobat.
- Fill out form 1040 v 2020 entering your personal information, including your name, address, and social security number.
- Fill in the amount you are paying and specify the tax year for which you make the payment
- If you are paying by check or money order, make sure to include your payment with the printable 2020 form 1040-v when you mail it to IRS.
- If you are paying by electronic funds transfer (EFT), you must enter your bank account information and choose EFT as your payment method.
- Now review IRS form 1040-v 2020 to make sure all of the information is correct and complete.
- Sign and date the blank.
- Mail your completed form and payment to the address listed on the form. If you are paying by EFT, you do not need to mail anything. The payment will be automatically transferred from your bank account to IRS.
It's important to make sure that you fill out the form completely and accurately to avoid any delays or errors in processing your payment. If you have any questions or need additional help with Form 1040-V, you should contact IRS directly for assistance.
What Should Form 1040-V Include?
Form 1040-V is a payment voucher you may use to send payment along with Form 1040, Form 1040-SR, or Form 1040-NR. It must contain the following information:
- Your personal information, including your name, address and Social Security number.
- Tax year for which you are making the payment.
- Amount you are paying.
- Payment method, such as check, money order, or electronic funds transfer (EFT). If you are paying by EFT, you will need to provide your bank account information.
- Your signature and the date you signed the form.
When to Request a Form 1040-V?
You should request a Form 1040-V if you need to make a payment to IRS and you don't pay electronically. You ask for a Form 1040-V by downloading it from IRS website or by contacting IRS directly.
You usually use Form 1040-V in the following situations:
- You owe additional taxes when you file your tax return and want to make a payment to cover the balance due
- You're making an estimated tax payment
- You're making a payment under an installment agreement
- You make a payment to request an extension of time to file your tax return
Where to Mail 1040-V 2020?
If you have a question about where to mail 2020 form 1040-v, you can always check with the IRS website. The 1040-v mailing address 2020 depends on where you live and the type of tax return you are filing. Here are the mailing addresses for Form 1040-V for the 2020 tax year:
If you live in:
- Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, then mail to:
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 931000
Louisville, KY 40293-1000
- Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, then mail to:
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 1214
Charlotte, NC 28201-1214
- Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, then mail to:
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 802501
Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501
It's important to make sure you are sending your Form 1040-V to the correct address, as this will ensure that your payment is processed correctly and in a timely manner. If you have any questions or need additional help with Form 1040-V, you can contact the IRS directly for assistance.
2021 Fillable Form 1040-V for 2021 tax year Fill Out Form
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form 1040-V