Get your CLIA CMS-116 Form in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is CMS-116?
CMS-116 is the form that has to be filed by every laboratory that provides tests on humans. It should be accompanied by other documents that match CLIA standards. The first time this form is filed, the laboratory received a Certificate of Registration. After that, there will be an inspection of this facility, and the laboratory will need another certificate. There will be more documents to send to inspectors, and the laboratory will have to contact the State Agency.
What I need the CMS-116 for?
- This form is required from every institution that makes laboratory testing on humans;
- Every facility that wants to be a clinical laboratory has to complete the form;
- Facilities with CMS-116 form can work on preventing diseases, providing health condition assessments, making diagnoses;
- The form is needed from every laboratory, even if they provide their tests for free.
This is the first form that must be filed by the facility. But it may take over 2 months to complete and gather all documents. Yet, the laboratory can start its work after they passed through the registration and paid the fee. In 2 weeks they will receive a Certificate.
Filling out CMS-116
Before you start filling out the CMS-116 form, you have to get all the documents you will need. The whole procedure for completing the form is not hard. Check all the information twice:
- General information on the laboratory, including name, address, director’s name, type of application;
- Laboratory type;
- Name of certificate you want to receive and whether it is appropriate for tests you are planning to provide;
- Hours you will spend on testing;
- Control type;
- Multiple or single sites;
- Affiliation of director with another laboratory, if there is such;
Exact date and signature of the facility owner or director. It is recommended to put the date after everything in the form is filled out.
Organizations that work with CMS-116
- State Agency;
- The USA officials.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online CLIA CMS-116 Form