Get your Canada N9 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Tenant's Notice to End the Tenancy N9 Form?
The tenant’s notice to terminate the tenancy (form n9) is a legal document that landlords in Canada use to give notice to tenants when they want to end a tenancy for reasons other than non-payment of rent. The n9 tenant form is also known as a "Notice to End a Tenancy for Landlord's Use of Property" and is used when the landlord or their family member plans to move into the rental unit or when the landlord intends to make major renovations that require the unit to be vacant.
How To Fill Out the Canada N9 Online
The Canada n9 form Ontario pdf form template can be filled out online through the Ontario government's website. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the PDFliner website.
- Find and visit the section on the tenant and landlord board forms.
- Get a copy of the tenant’s notice to terminate the tenancy (form n9).
- Fill out the n9 tenant form with the required information, including the names and addresses of the landlord and tenant, the address of the rental unit, and the reason for ending the tenancy.
- Print the completed tenant notice to end tenancy Ontario form and sign it.
- Give a copy of the Canada form n9 to the tenant either in person or by registered mail.
What Should the Tenant's Notice to End the Tenancy Include
The Canada N9 form should include the following information:
- The name and address of the landlord and tenant.
- The address of the rental unit.
- The date the notice is being given.
- The reason for ending the tenancy, such as the landlord or their family member's plans to move into the rental unit or major renovations, are planned.
- The date the tenant is required to vacate the unit.
- A statement informing the tenant of their right to dispute the notice with the Landlord and Tenant Board.
When to Request the Canada N9 Form
Landlords should request the Canada form N9 when they want to end a tenancy for reasons other than non-payment of rent. Here are some situations where the Canada N9 form might be used:
- The landlord or their family member plans to move into the rental unit.
- The landlord intends to make major renovations that require the unit to be vacant.
- The landlord is selling the property and the buyer wants vacant possession.
- The landlord wants to convert the rental unit into a non-residential space, such as a commercial unit.
It is important to note that landlords cannot use the Canada N9 form to end a tenancy for discriminatory reasons, such as the tenant's race, religion, or sexual orientation. If a tenant believes the Canada N9 form is being used for discriminatory purposes, they can file a complaint with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Canada N9