Get your Bookkeeping Invoice Template in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is the Bookkeeping Invoice?
A bookkeeping invoice is an essential tool for every financial service professional. It is a document used for billing clients for services rendered. The invoice bookkeeping systematically lists all the tasks completed alongside their respective rates.
Importance of an invoice for bookkeeping services
An invoice for bookkeeping services is more than just a payment request. It's a record of work performed, a document that can be used to resolve disputes and a tool for tracking income and expenses for both the service provider and the client.
How to Fill Out Bookkeeping Invoice Template
Completing the invoice will be a simple process if you will follow these steps:
- Start with entering the "Company" details in their respective fields: Write down the name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, phone number, and email of your company.
- Proceed to complete the "Invoice #" and "Date" fields: Enter a unique number to serve as the invoice ID and put in the current or the invoice creation date.
- Fill in your "Client/Customer" details: Much like the company details, enter the name, street, city, state, and ZIP code of the client for whom you're creating the invoice.
- Detail the services you provided in the "Description" section: Include a brief but clear description of each task or service you performed for the customer. Ensure every service has its own line for clarity and transparency.
- Type the "Hours" section: Place the total number of periods worked for each service in hours.
- Specify your charges in the "$/Hour" section: Input your regular hourly rate for each service.
- Complete the "Amount $" fields: Multiply the hours by the hourly rate for each service, and enter the result in its corresponding "Amount" field.
- Summarize the total costs in the "Subtotal" field: Add up all the service amounts.
- Apply discounts if offered in the "Discount" field: Subtract any discount the client is eligible for from the subtotal and enter the result.
- Calculate the tax in the "Tax" field: Compute and put in the required tax amount based on your state's tax regulations.
- State the overall invoice total in the "Total" field: Add the tax and the post-discount subtotal to find the overall payment due.
- Give additional information in the "Comments or special instructions" field: Provide any extra details or directions the client might need to know.
- Specify the payment duration in the "Payment due" field: Write down when the payment is supposed to be made.
- After completing these steps, you can save, print, or digitally share the filled-out bookkeeping invoice template form.
Generating an invoice for bookkeeping services
It's necessary to have a practical and competent bookkeeping services invoice template at your disposal. This allows you to promptly bill your clients with professionalism and clarity. There’s a myriad of invoice templates available online. You just have to choose one that suits your business needs, brand image and is easy to navigate and fill out.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Bookkeeping Invoice Template